Finished 9th of 50 in my first harescramble on sunday!

I entered my first hare scramble on Sunday. It was a blast, but very, very tiring. I am use to riding 4+hrs strait, so it wasn't horrible, but I took a bad spill and all the nervousness makes you feel worse. It was a learning experience, and I didn't go out to win my first race, just to finish. I learned a lot. Here are a few things I learned for other newbies like me. I have only been riding for the last 4 months, so I'm still fresh. :bonk:

1. NEW TIRES. Mine were so so, I figured I wasn't going to win, so why bother:bonk:. I was wrong, I would not have fallen if my back tire didn't lock up on the slippery down slope. The front washed out a lot b/c the side lugs are all torn off.

2. Eat breakfast and take a shit b4 you go. I didn't have breakfast and needed to take a crap:moon: before it started.

3. Stand up more! I sit way too much. All the faster guys:ride: were standing when they passed me.

4. Don't go out the way to let others pass. They will pass when they can:worthy:, I lost a few places from letting another rider pass and nearly fell my self.

5. Try to get a decent start, easier to be up front than trying to pass all the slower riders.

6. Try not to fall:banghead:, there was a guy I kept having to pass b/c I would fall and he wouldn't, even though I was riding faster than he was. He was very consistent.

These are a few pics that I show up in. The rest are at

http://es.zooomr.com/photos/oswaldoavalos/

8364001_f8d7a9a2e4_m.jpg

Delfinoenrique18oct09carreraMedium.jpg

carreraMedium.jpg

My next race is in November, but I don't know if my schedule will permit. It was a blast and I recommend all bike owners to do at least one race. How often do you ride with 120 other bike nuts like yourself? :bonk:

here the website that has a few pics and announces the race.

http://moto2.com.mx/hare_oct2.html

Its in spanish, but you get the idea. Going over the car was a little scary, there was a hole made by the back tire when you get off the hood, if you went fast and didn't touch the hood, you would bottom the suspension out. The tires were also a pain, I got stuck so many times. There is always next year.

Congrats dude! It really is an awesome feeling to do well in your first race. I took 2nd

out of 48 riders in my class (C Open) and 9th out of 240 riders overall in my first cross

country race. I'll bet you are gonna be addicted to racing.

Congrats dude! It really is an awesome feeling to do well in your first race. I took 2nd

out of 48 riders in my class (C Open) and 9th out of 240 riders overall in my first cross

country race. I'll bet you are gonna be addicted to racing.

Thats better than I did. I was 9th in my class of 49 riders. Novice class. I was somewhere around 30th of 120 riders overall.

You can't complain about coming in the top 10 for your first race. Nicely done.

I'm not the fastest at the races, I just ride at a pace that keeps me from hurting too much the next day. It's fun......If I was better I'd probably push myself harder, but I'm just out for a good time.....I do ok, but not bringing home any hardware, and thats allright.

Awesome coming in 9th your first race. !! !!!! :excuseme:

dont you love that feeling when the line takes off and youre getting pulled and pushed by the rush of riders, you see daylight ahead and know youre doing good.... its such a high. and thats why im addicted.

congrats on your 1st race.

Great job, dude! That's awesome!:excuseme:

Thanks for all the replys. I haven't had any others since. there is one this week but I won't make it. I feel I'm a much better rider after that first race. I will continue to make other races and try to get better. :excuseme:

A hearty well done to you. I bet you have the urge to do more now.

Go for it.