Sign in to follow this  

Edge Taillight Install Question

I started to install my Edge Taillight on my WR-R last night but I have a question. I didn't get mine from Wheeling so I don't have the rubbers washers that are included in the that kit. I was going to go buy some today. Do I mount the rubber washers under the taillight? (between the subframe and taillight bracket) I assume this is to cushion them from being mounted metal to metal. It also looks like this would bring the light closer to the fender which I like.

Thanks

Did mine a few months back, can't remember exactly. I think they were actually grommets that fit into the taillight mount holes, but rubber washers between the mount and the tail should do mostly the same. I will take a look tonight if no one else knows for sure.

Thanks, let me know what your's look like. The directions are pretty vague. It says to use the stock M5 bolt, collar and grommet. I need three of these and the stock unit only has two M5 bolts and collars. There are no rubber grommets. I think that this kit is made in Japan according to the spec. of the Japanese WR250. I'll go try and find a M5 bolt and grommets.

Thanks

the directions are wrong. you should have a small package containing 3 bolts and 3 blue or other annodized color washer/grommet things. the the tail light sits on top of the sub frame, and the 3 annodized bits fit into the holes of the tail light bracket, and then use the supplied bolts. for reference i bought my kit from langston racing.

the directions are wrong. you should have a small package containing 3 bolts and 3 blue or other annodized color washer/grommet things. the the tail light sits on top of the sub frame, and the 3 annodized bits fit into the holes of the tail light bracket, and then use the supplied bolts. for reference i bought my kit from langston racing.

Only Wheeling includes the extra hardware. If you buy the kit from someone else, you don't get the grommets. They were designed for the japanese bikes, which already have those parts, and you reuse the stock parts.

Edit: Yes, the grommet goes into the hole, with rubber on both sides.

DSCN1429.jpg

Edited by YamFloridaB

Only Wheeling includes the extra hardware. If you buy the kit from someone else, you don't get the grommets. They were designed for the japanese bikes, which already have those parts, and you reuse the stock parts.

Edit: Yes, the grommet goes into the hole, with rubber on both sides.

DSCN1429.jpg

also not what mine came with. i'm gonna go take a pic of it now...

Thanks to the both of you for taking pictures and posting them. I'm going to try to find rubber grommets like those tomorrow. I want to rubber mount it for sure. I like the blue washers that Langston supplies. Those are pretty trick.

Thanks to the both of you for taking pictures and posting them. I'm going to try to find rubber grommets like those tomorrow. I want to rubber mount it for sure. I like the blue washers that Langston supplies. Those are pretty trick.

curious about the desire to rubber mount the tail light. it weighs next to nothing and LEDs aren't really that vulnerable to vibrations.

it's also weird that depending on who you buy from determines what comes in the package.

The distributor that I bought it from just sells it like it is. It's made in Japan to work with the parts that come on the stock unit. The U.S. WR is a little different. Wheeling Supply added a few pieces to make it easier on the consumer. Unfortunatly for me, I didn't purchase the kit through them. :bonk: So off to the hardware store I went.

I wanted it rubber mounted just for piece of mine. Plus I don't like the gap between the light and the fender. I was able to move it up a little with rubber mounts that I came up with.