Sam Houston National Forest

I asked for space on a "competing" forum - if they go for it, I'll PM as many people as I can find from the old SHNF forum and let them know where it is.

Having to dig through all the BS from 6 other states isn't what I want to do to find out what people are doing at the place I ride at the most often.

If this thread is subscrided to, and you use your "my account" page. This thread will appear anytime there is a new post. I liked the old way better.

sup boyz...

yeah i understand their reasoning but "change" sux! :bonk:

hahahaaa... :lol:

hopefully we can get a Texas Board and we can get the mod to sticky the regions of Texas :bonk:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/project.php?issueid=84

i don't expect it to happen soon i sure they have a butt-load of important bugs to get rid of.

anyway...my freak'n ribs are still kill'n me :lol: ...i'm so piss off'd.

hopefully i'll be able to ride in two weeks...no way this weekend :bonk:

:bonk:

YO! YO! whats up guys? T.O.R.C.S race this weekend so I wont be in tha Forrest. Best of luck and good riding to all..

If this thread is subscrided to, and you use your "my account" page. This thread will appear anytime there is a new post.

I do something similar on the other forum but I have it email me when new posts are started. On here I stopped in to check every once in awhile.

I liked the old way better.

Ditto.

Well, couldn't manage to get out today, got too much friggin schoolwork to do. I did make vast progress on the Suzuki though. Here are some pictures of it without the front fender as I am going to try and fit a later model fender on it, becuase the old one looks gay...

100_1653.jpg

100_1652.jpg

Unfortunately, it does not run. :bonk: I've diagnosed the problem, but was too worn out yesterday to mess with it. I'm having fuel leakage issues out of the bottom of the reed valves. The fuel isn't making it to the cylinder. I'm hoping it's just a problem with the reed valve assembly being improperly seated on the case, becuase after kicking and kicking it, there is fuel just under the reeds and carb. I will get around to checking it out sooner or later. Hopefully next weekend.

As for riding, looks like the next two weekends are shot for me riding, so I won't see y'all for a while. :bonk: Soon enough, though.

Brian

Hey gents,

I'm planning on coming up from Austin to ride SHNF all day Friday and some of Saturday. I've been watching the long run forecast and it looks like a huge storm is suppose to come in Thursday afternoon. I've been trying to watch the Houston weather but would like to hit up some of you local boys as to what the weather man (woman) is saying. I also plan to call the ranger to confirm the park will be open to ride. - thanks

I asked for space on a "competing" forum - if they go for it, I'll PM as many people as I can find from the old SHNF forum and let them know where it is.

PM sent to the 8 people that I could find forum names for - hopefully those 8 will forward it to the others that posted here regularly. If not, pm me and I'll send you a link.

I may be up for it! I will let ya know closer to Friday. As far as the weather goes it is rainning like a Sun of a bitch right now and has beem for about 3 hours.

Dude, this rain is ridiculous. Not supposed to stop anytime soon either. Flooding seems imminent. If it's going to rain again Thursday, I'd say trails definitely gonna be closed. :bonk:

Brian.

Throw-down bike is officially in Houston this morning, need to go pick it up from Forward Air. This'll be the 3rd GasGas in my garage - now I gotta think about getting rid of the Yamaha.

The track was awsome!! I had to many issues with riders in front of me. Finaly had one lay his bike down in an uphill climb and cuased me to put my bike down in to a masive ditch that took me forever to get out of. Got out and was wore the hell out. I did finish 15th out of 16 not proud of the finish but I am glad to have finished. Hope to make it up at the next race in two weeks.

Dude looks good!! Check this one out I thought it was you at first under another name. The bike looked the same and the garages looked alike.

firstnew.gif RM 250 Project (multipage.gif1 2 3 )

Haha, that's badass! I like his frame color better, but I had mine powder coated and that color was closest to what I wanted. But, for some reason, the tank graphics didn't match up at all. I'm going to have to try to cut them or something.

As for the reedvalve leak issue, I found out today that the vforce reeds come with gaskets which is why I could not find them on the parts fiche. I had a hard time finding just the gaskets (thought I was going to have to buy all new reeds) so I called Honda of Houston and they found 'em and got 'em on order. :bonk: So it'll be up and running soon! Can't wait to smell that 2-stroke gas again!

Brian.

Well, I just found this thread again. Woohoo!! I might be up for a ride on Saturday morning on the balloon loop. I want to get a little practice in before the re-re-rescheduled Caney Creek Enduro on Nov 22.