Sign in to follow this  

Not a mechanic. Need help where a Carb hose goes

!992 DR 650. Installed the stock carb and there is a spot for a tube on the bottom front of the carb that gas is coming out of when i turn on the petcock? I might have a hose, but where does the other end go?

It is just a overflow outlet but there shouldn't be gas coming out of it when you turn the tap on , check the float level and check the needle valve that shuts off gas and works off the float these sometimes stick and leak, even tapping the side of the carb with the handle of a screwdriver can sometimes stop the leak.

The hose itself just runs open ended down and out of the way .

or you may need to replace the O-ring on the float needle seat. These O-rings get hard over time and cause the float bowl to overflow. IMO, this is the single biggest issue with DR350 / DR650 carbs. I've worked on lots of 'em and this little O-ring is routinely a problem causing hard starting and erratic idle speed on older bikes. This forum doesn't allow image attachments (other than Photobucket - what's up with that?) or I'd include one here.

I'm thinking of starting up a site that allows people to put up pages of instructions and videos how to fix things, like "how to service a TM-33" or something like that. It would be great to have all those sort of resources in one site, which you could search for.

I'm thinking of starting up a site that allows people to put up pages of instructions and videos how to fix things, like "how to service a TM-33" or something like that. It would be great to have all those sort of resources in one site, which you could search for.

You mean something like this?

http://dr650.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

You can do it! :bonk:

yeah, very much like that! I have too many bookmarks on too many sites, and I too often forget where I found instructions. I'd love to have all of it on one personal page, so we'll see whether I can get it up and running!