Sign in to follow this  

HI new drz rider

Hi,

Just picked up my drz400sm today its an 08 model thought it went well just wanted to know what mods I can do to increase speed power and drivability without loss of MPG what are the cheapest mods?

I'd like an exhaust too but not an expensive one I live in the UK does anyone know what the best stickers kits are and how they fit? are they good quality?(thick printing material?)

Any one fitted an R&G tail tidy with led light do they fit and work wel??

regards Paul

what mods I can do to increase speed power and drivability without loss of MPG

Let me introduce you to a little thing called "physics".... In other words, anything that increases power will decrease mileage.

Hi, im new here too!!!

I just purchased a DRZ400E (Not a SM, a Enduro one with 49 hp) and was wondering how long this engine last before need to change the piston, etc etc?

I know is durable, but how long....

I Use the motorcycle most part in the city!

Sorry for my inglish, im from Brazil.

Only if you use said HP...

welcome both of us, just paying for insurance on my new 2 me klx...

of cource I ment with out a drastic loss in MPG kinda like good gains with out lots of cost and a huge change in running costs

well ive enjoyed my bike so far has 1400 miles on it apart from sticker kits how good are the big bore kits ?

Are the avalible in the UK and if so how much?

Ive seen some in the states that say it bores to around(I say around as I cant remember)

436cc how much better can aprox 37-40 cc make on a bike thats not bad as stock would it be worth the extra and would it last just as long as a sock motor if used for work and pleasure?

of cource I ment with out a drastic loss in MPG kinda like good gains with out lots of cost and a huge change in running costs

Even then, your money would be better spent setting up the suspension. Start off making sure you have the right spring rates all around.

The use the forum's search feature on "3x3" and "First mod". Shit's been hashed to death a million times.

welcome to you both. Please make your first mod effort to read the FAQ's at least a few times and make the loctite fix list the priority job above all others. If you don't have a book pick one up and if you don't understand keep asking us because we are all here to help on some level.

The first aftermarket part to purchase should be the manual cam chain tensioner aka "mcct". The second should be oil plug washers---use a new one at every oil change or risk cracking the case. The third in my opinion is to protect your investment by adding a skid plate and case savers, without these one minor low side slide can cost hundreds.

Welcome to TT and enjoy your bikes. Could you riders from out side the US please post some pics of the cool old and off market bikes that you see around your area? I know many would enjoy seeing the not so usual!

You want to do the 3x3 airbox mod, jetting from JD (even better, get the 39 fcr mx carb for best performance) Depends on how loud you want to go but I run the FMF powerbomb with powercore 4 and its loud but not as loud as the MRD.

If your looking for power get the carb and a good pipe and do the airbox mod as the first mods.

+1 on the suspension mentioned above, just got mine done and cant believe I didnt do it sooner. A way better bike.

After those mods get the Cylinder works 434 big bore kit with some hotcams. Other than that you could get a free flowing air filter like the K&N

Start with these and before your done you will know most of what you want next.

i have the rg tidy tail , LOVE IT ! i havent seen another one here in Calli yet . FCR carb is a must , and i like my yosh rs-2 exaust . dont forget 3X3 airbox mod !

i forgot to say the r&g works great and is really bright ! good fo getting the attention of the guy on the phone behind ya ! Dont forget to get yerself some good body armor, its so much better than roadrash or worse ! Happy modding !

Hey Roots, how did you come up with 49hp? Is it a big bore stroker?

Its the enduro version.....here im Brazil they don't sell the supermotard version, only the DRZ400E with the bigger carb and more compression (49hp)....an now its legal to ride then on the street.

But how about my question....how long its gona last my engine if I take care of it??