Sign in to follow this  

Knobby Ridge 10/24 & 25

A group of people are heading to Knobby Ridge this weekend if anyone is up for it. Probably my last trail ride of the season. :bonk:

Hmm...thinking, thinking...kids have about a billion things planned, I may just head out Saturday on my own...anyone want to truck pool?

I'd rather ride Sat. than Sunday. I think the weather is supposed to be a bit better that day also.

I will for sure be there Saturday - still on the fence about staying overnight and riding on Sunday too. If I do I will probably be credit card camping at a hotel down the road...

When it's WET at Knobby it sure eats brake pads, we have one bike with rear pads gone and one with front pads gone.

I sure had fun riding Dave's YZ125! :bonk:

I agree on the brake pads! Both girls are riding on metal and I just replaced them in September... they need to lay off the rear brakes! :bonk:

Well the KTM did good this weekend amazing what a return spring on the rear brake pedal can do - now the bike hauler is a different story. Looks like I need a transfer case on the old 2500HD.

how much longer will the knobby ridge and the jackson county trails be open for? i guess they do not get closed for bad weather?

might have to try to get up there next weekend for one last ride!

how much longer will the knobby ridge and the jackson county trails be open for? i guess they do not get closed for bad weather?

might have to try to get up there next weekend for one last ride!

I think Knobby Ridge is open year round except for hunting weekends. I'm not sure about any of the other county trails, I've only ridden at Knobby Ridge.

Knobby is also typically closed in the spring due to wet conditions. I would think because of that, there is also the chance of them closing at any other time because of water issues -- in fact, I'm rather suprised that it wasn't closed last weekend because of it.

I like your train of thought! :bonk:

Oh yeah... how about that little dive bar on the way back toward Osseo - I'm sure they'd love to see a few purple #4 jerseys in there!

I agree on the brake pads! Both girls are riding on metal and I just replaced them in September... they need to lay off the rear brakes! :bonk:

I don't think it's from to much use. It's from the water and sand getting in the holes in the disk and wearing away the pads. When I was following Jack it sounded like a old time grinding stone. Also with smaller wheels the rear disk spends lots of time in the water and mud.

Pads last a lot longer with a solid rear disk.

I like your train of thought! :bonk:

Aw man, I want to go! The XR's all washed up and ready to go but I have a surprise b-day party to go to Sunday. Anybody riding Saturday? MX or off road?