Sign in to follow this  

Kx 250

How much play should there be where the piston and rod meet (pin and needle bearing). I'm not talking about rocking back and forth..... But side to side..Same direction as pin and bearing.. Thanks alot!!

How much play should there be where the piston and rod meet (pin and needle bearing). I'm not talking about rocking back and forth..... But side to side..Same direction as pin and bearing.. Thanks alot!!

those parts dont have lateral forces on them, so there should never be a whole lot of wear, and shouldnt be a concern to you, there is no spec that i have ever seen, and it would change from piston to piston. the rod big end takes care of all that with the thrust washers and side clearance, and would be stabilized by the pin bore of the piston. but there is usually just a little slop, less than 1mm in my experience on a 200. why do you ask?

I picked the bike up from a friend.. The last time we rode it was stallinng on him and there was a good ticking noise coming from the motor.. He never did a

top end change in 2 years but didn't put crazy hours on it.. 40-60.. I took off the cylinder which looks really good... no groves or other damage..