Jetting

Just a quick question. I'm trying to rotate the carb to access the bottom screws, but it only rotates enough to access the first two. How can I get to the other screws?

just remove the sub-frame 3 bolts, real easy. And remove top cap on the

carb.Then you should have easy access to float bowl.

K ill do that tomorrow.

Are you doing this to access the main and pilot jets? If so why not take a 17mm and remove the float bowl drain, that will give you access to those. If you're doing so to replace the bolts good for you, to have unmolested access to the carb removeing the subrame is definitely the easiest like was said

Are you doing this to access the main and pilot jets? If so why not take a 17mm and remove the float bowl drain, that will give you access to those. If you're doing so to replace the bolts good for you, to have unmolested access to the carb removeing the subrame is definitely the easiest like was said

:bonk: You can access the main and pilot thru the 17mm drain bolt. No need to remove the float bowl.

On my bike I find it easiest to pull the 3 subframe bolts and remove it, and also to remove the upper shock bolt. Then I can remove the carb, work on it on the bench (if doing more than just swap main/pilot), and put it back. With the upper shock bolt removed I have a MUCH easier time getting the airbox boot back over the carb.

Honestly imho people spend more time staring at the bike and trying to figure out how to save time and effort

than it takes to just rotate the sub up, pull the carb, set it up and reinstall.

Pull 2 seat bolts, 2 lower sub bolts, loosen the front sub shaft bolt, rotate the sub up in the air, pull carb.

It's literally a 15min. project now and easier than doing a tire.

But then having hex head 4mm screws in the carb goes a long way to helping that :bonk: