Sign in to follow this  

what the ......

:bonk::banghead::banghead:alrite i checked all the previous things you guys told me to check on my rm 125 when it just all the sudden quit running. well now when i kick it it seems to be that every 4th or 5th kick it makes a sound like your letting air out of a tire..what could that possibly be....is my engine smoked???

the spark plug isnt loose. and i went ahead and put a new one on today..i am totaly lost as to where to start...i dont understand why it would just suddenly do that..please help...

okay let me know if what i did would cause this...the other day i took off the exhaust valve hose and the exhaust valve filter was broke..so i pitched it in the trash and just put the hose back on...i am such an idiot...is that filter being gone causing my problem

Sounds like it went south on ya. Do a compression test. better yet just pull the head and have a peak

Exhaust valve filter????

compression test came up around 20 pounds...need another top end i guess what do you all think

am I the winner?:bonk:

Pull the motor and then pull the jug. Best way to do it and do it right. You need to flush all the pieces out of the crank area and make sure nothing was damaged.

More than likely you created a hot spot on the piston from running lean. Zooks are funny like that so it is important that you stay on top of the jetting and even go slightly richer.

yeah its a wrap with the 125..im gonna cut my losses and try to get a 250 soon..by the time i get finished fixing everything on that bike i will have well over what the bike is worth and would never be able to resale it...oh well...guess thats how it goes sometimes..thanks for all your help.......milyho you were the winner!!!!

yeah its a wrap with the 125..im gonna cut my losses and try to get a 250 soon..by the time i get finished fixing everything on that bike i will have well over what the bike is worth and would never be able to resale it...oh well...guess thats how it goes sometimes..thanks for all your help.......milyho you were the winner!!!!

Whoa!

Hold on there partner!

What year 125?

For about 300 bucks you can have a FRESH motor in that puppy.

If you don't want to deal with it send it to me please.

its an 01...it needs fork seals and bushings..linkage kit. rebuilt shock and a clutch basket..plus the motor work...i can never get ahead

man i'm not sure...prolly clean out a nice corner in the garage and let it sit there..with all the stuff it needs i'm not sure as to how much money i could even begin to ask for it??? -anthony