Drill the hub only for the WR not The YZ ?

Reading on drilling the clutch hub for better oil flow and see no mention of doing this on the YZ250F. My sons 09 YZ250F after 5, 2hr harescrambles has lost all clutch lever free play adjustment. We change oil after every race and I readjust the freeplay and after this last race it is adjusted all the way and still no freeplay. I am going to replace the fiber plates and see there are only 5 holes on top of the clogs unlike the WR where the holes are in the notches. Would the YZ benefit from more holes and if so, where ? Thank you !

Anyone ?

The 09 YZ250F has a completely new clutch Assembly, so it shouldn't need any of the mods that the old one did. Now when you say lost all free play, what do you mean exactly? To loose free play the clutch would have to swell, and I don't see it swelling enough to loose all free play. You do know that the adjuster is reverse thread right?

Before you do that, check the in line lock nuts on the clutch cable to see if that is not locked. I was chasing this same issue on my 07 until i found this. 3 rides w/o adjustment so far!!

Thanks for the replies ! The adjuster by the lever is adjusted all the way, turned towards the rear of bike. I slid off the large plastic adjusting knob just to make sure it was adjusted all the way in (to provide maximum free play) and it was and still no lever freeplay.

"check the in line lock nuts on the clutch cable" I will have to check when I get home but, I believe there is no in line adjustment ?

The inline adjuster(with the 2 lock nuts) on the yzf is very close to the quick adjuster on the clutch perch...not more than a few inches apart.

The inline adjuster(with the 2 lock nuts) on the yzf is very close to the quick adjuster on the clutch perch...not more than a few inches apart.

Thank you ! it is covered up by the rubber sheath connected to the quick adjuster and hard to tell it is there !