still diggin my 05

Does anyone else still love the 05.I took mine out today and all I can say is that this thing rips.These are the mods Factory connection suspension,20mm rg3 clamps and link,twin air power flow,Power know and plus and boyssen accelerator pump cover.I've been considering a new bike but it's hard to justify when your old ride is this good.:bonk:

I am still diggin my 05!

Awesome!

i have an 06 and was thinking about getting a new one cause i am starting to race again. but the old thing went out there and pulled on all the new bikes in the 450 inter. class.

Does anyone else still love the 05.I took mine out today and all I can say is that this thing rips.These are the mods Factory connection suspension,20mm rg3 clamps and link,twin air power flow,Power know and plus and boyssen accelerator pump cover.I've been considering a new bike but it's hard to justify when your old ride is this good.:bonk:

Still love mine and it's paid for! Got all the mods you listed. Did bump up the rear sprocket to a 50. Easier to pull 3rd out of a corner. Tried my buddies '08 and didn't like it. Really like the rip your arms off feel of the '05 better!

My '06 is sweet. I've been considering a new bike myself, but I think I'm gonna wait. Bikes too good to let go.

hell im still diggin my 03 let alone my 07......im really diggin my cr500 project :bonk:

my 06' is running great but think I am gonna upgrade to the 09'. hopefully be able to sell my 06' this winter and get a new bike by next years race season.

still diggin my '05! just got the suspension done from FCR. man these things are animals! and mine has a 48 rear sprocket!!

Just add the 22mm clamps with the HPSD to update it closer to the 08 model. I also run 14/52 gearing on the bike and love it!

Just add the 22mm clamps with the HPSD to update it closer to the 08 model. I also run 14/52 gearing on the bike and love it!

you can do that?! lol how much did it cost and did it affect the handling any? (apart from the HPSD effect!)

Glad to see so many still riding the older ones,I got mine feelin so good that I can't imagine the newer ones being a whole lot better.I don't race mine but I go to the track a lot on practice days and can say if you take good care of these bikes they last a long time.I've got about 60 hours on mine and she still feels new.

you can do that?! lol how much did it cost and did it affect the handling any? (apart from the HPSD effect!)

yeah the bike lays down and corners with the 22mm offset clamps. You will have to spend some time resetting the sag to get the bike performing well.

MXbonz has a kit for the HPSD:

http://www.mxbonz.com/NS2.htm

I just rebuilt my 05.Put a new complete head from bigborethumpers.com (thanks jay),FWW,WER suspension,rekluse pro,20mm clamps,merge ALJ,EE handguards,replaced all the bearings-wheels,linkage,swingarm,etc., 18 in rear wheel and a few other bits. I got most parts either used or on clearance-rebuild and mods set me back about $2500,but it is like a new bike-yet better! I had parked it in 06 and rode it here and there, because the 2 stroke suited me better.Now this my favorite bike. Goes to show that a few year older bike,with your necessary mods can be better than new!

I've got 20mm offset on mine no damper sag at 105 and she feels pretty calm on the mx track.I even slid my forks up 5 mm,if the hpsd helps maybe that's my next mod.