still diggin my 05

Does anyone else still love the 05.I took mine out today and all I can say is that this thing rips.These are the mods Factory connection suspension,20mm rg3 clamps and link,twin air power flow,Power know and plus and boyssen accelerator pump cover.I've been considering a new bike but it's hard to justify when your old ride is this good.:bonk:

• Like 1

Does anyone else still love the 05.I took mine out today and all I can say is that this thing rips.These are the mods Factory connection suspension,20mm rg3 clamps and link,twin air power flow,Power know and plus and boyssen accelerator pump cover.I've been considering a new bike but it's hard to justify when your old ride is this good.:bonk:

Still love mine and it's paid for! Got all the mods you listed. Did bump up the rear sprocket to a 50. Easier to pull 3rd out of a corner. Tried my buddies '08 and didn't like it. Really like the rip your arms off feel of the '05 better!

Glad to see so many still riding the older ones,I got mine feelin so good that I can't imagine the newer ones being a whole lot better.I don't race mine but I go to the track a lot on practice days and can say if you take good care of these bikes they last a long time.I've got about 60 hours on mine and she still feels new.

I just rebuilt my 05.Put a new complete head from bigborethumpers.com (thanks jay),FWW,WER suspension,rekluse pro,20mm clamps,merge ALJ,EE handguards,replaced all the bearings-wheels,linkage,swingarm,etc., 18 in rear wheel and a few other bits. I got most parts either used or on clearance-rebuild and mods set me back about $2500,but it is like a new bike-yet better! I had parked it in 06 and rode it here and there, because the 2 stroke suited me better.Now this my favorite bike. Goes to show that a few year older bike,with your necessary mods can be better than new!