Sign in to follow this  

Moab Nov 21-25

I'm leaving from Woodland Park (near Colorado Springs) on the 21st, riding for three days in Moab and returning on the 25th. Anyone interested?

I'd like to do Lockhart Basin but it's kind of out there so I'd rather have a partner for at least that day. I'll be driving my pickup and pulling a travel trailer so I have room 1 more bike and 1 more person.

My Boy and will also be out there that week would be cool to meet up and ride. He be 14 that week going out for his b-day let me know

My Boy and will also be out there that week would be cool to meet up and ride. He be 14 that week going out for his b-day let me know

Sounds good. I'll probably be camped out in the Dead Hourse area.

What kind of bikes do you ride? I'm guessing if your boy's only 14 then his bike isn't plated. What kind of distance/difficulty of trails do you plan to ride?

I ride a xr 250 or yz 250, he ride kx 85 and a yz125. Up for anything his bike only has a cruse about 30 mi It will be the first time him and I will be out there to ride. We both mt bike out there and four wheeled. But we are decent riders. I like tech stuff he like all kids like the fast stuff. We are planning on staying in town but we can meet up anywhere we can talk as we get closer to trip about more of the details. I dont have my dirt bikes plated going to look into how to do that. Some insite would help.

I've got a bunch of "maybe's" so far. Is anyone willing to commit to a Moab trip.

Great. I'll probably be camping in the Chicken Corners area if it's not too crowded. Are you interested in doing Lockhart Basin?

That sounds great we staying in town, so we will have to plan when and where to meet. We going to try to get a ride in this weekend or next maybe we could met up somewhere to ride before moab

That sounds great we staying in town, so we will have to plan when and where to meet. We going to try to get a ride in this weekend or next maybe we could met up somewhere to ride before moab

There's a good chance I'll be able to ride this Saturday. The trails here are still snowy. Mayber they'll be clear by Saturday or we could go to 4 mile.

Rode part of Lockhart basin Today. We went in just a couple of miles. The first section in the canyon was rocky and requires good balance. It sure puts your riding skills to the test. Once out of the canyon there will be a switch back to the right where the jeep road gets better. Chicken corners is a easy ride. Watch for deep sand in places. If your camping prepare for cool nights. lows are 35 tonight.