How do I identify a DR-Z engine by its vin?

hey guys, my dad bought a drz engine off of his friend, and we got like no info on it lol.. the vin is K419-119062. Thanks!:bonk:

hey guys, my dad bought a drz engine off of his friend, and we got like no info on it lol.. the vin is K419-119062. Thanks!:bonk:

here's what the "vin" # on the engine tells you about the motor:

the vin is K419-119062. that's all.

:bonk: :bonk::bonk: wow these emotes say a lot. Thanks bro.

I am not sure. If you had the serial off the bike then yes, I believe the 10th would show it is an '02. I am not sure the same system works with the engine. I gave you that link to see if it would help. If no one else answers I will try to compare my engine serial with my frame serial tomorrow.

thanks for all the replies and info. It doesn't look like there is a way to ID much other than its between 250-399cc and a four stroke single cylinder with the engine code.. oh well, the engine supposedly ran one of the baha's, and it looks like that could be all its done. I hope =P either way it looks pretty good. My dad doesn't know nearly anything about DR-Z's and he wont let me touch the engine so I cant even check if it's got the loctites done, and it's gonna need an MCCT. He wants to use it for a made in china buggy we bought at GI Joes for like 1100 bucks lol. 10 horse dont cut it for a 700 lb toy haha. I kinda dont want him to cuz thats a spare engine for my bike ya know? lol sorry for ramblin