Sign in to follow this  

Possibly Moving to Charlotte, NC

So a Job opening opening opened up for my Company in Charlotte, NC and I applied for it. My chances of getting the job are pretty good or at least I think they are. So my question is what kind of riding do you guys have out there? I'm sure I'll miss California but its getting so bad out tere that I want to move my family out of California. Let me know what this Cali boy should be expecting.

What kind of riding are you into? Off-Road/Trails, MX, DualSport.

I probaly should of mention that in my post. Anyways I'm just a trail rider.

TNT has the worst trails you can ride within 250 miles of Charlotte. They have some cool MX tracks but trails are TERRIBLE. You could also check out Brown Mountian OHV or Uwharrie OHV. What part of Cali are you coming from ? What kind of living do you want to do when you get here i.e. city, suburban, or country. Home prices will be much cheaper and everyone is nicer here. Carl's Jr's are called Hardies. and the worst is no IN and OUT Burger :foul:Get used to very few stucco houses and many brick houses. Depending on what part of Cali. you are from every thing is very GREEN here unlike Sandiego and LA !

Don't be all excited about the riding here, though. We have some good riding, but nothing, volume wise, compared to Kali.

We just don't have the space.

I've been alot of places and rode alot of places and I like it here in Charlotte.

The www.nchsa.org series is a fun harescramble series to run

www.mideastracing.com is also another good offroad series

www.gnccracing.com has rounds close to charlotte, nc

www.bmmspark.com nice trails

uwharrie national forest in Albermarle, nc rocky

manchester,sc has trails sandy

busco beach in fayetteville area is another places for trails, sandy

plent of places to go

Brushy is probably my favorite near Charlotte. You're probably about an hour out from there. Brown mountain is quite nice too, probably more like 2 hours. I haven't been to CAW yet, but I hear it's incredible. For a really nice and safe place for trail riding Brushy Mtn is going to be hard to beat! That's our normal hangout. We're up in the mountains, about a 1.5 hour drive to get down there, but it's well worth it. 1 way trails, very well maintained, and the staff are great folks!

Don't be all excited about the riding here, though. We have some good riding, but nothing, volume wise, compared to Kali.

We just don't have the space.

and you think Kali has the space ??????????? There is a reason why many GNCC racers call NC home and it aint because there is no where to ride :bonk:

and you think Kali has the space ??????????? There is a reason why many GNCC racers call NC home and it aint because there is no where to ride :bonk:

Yes, they have way more public lands than we have riding areas.

I was talkin quantity, not quality....:bonk:

I read all these post and no one ansewerd this guys question. you gave hime a lot of places to ride which he could look here and find places. Dude what you can expect is red hard packed dirt most places rocks ruts roots creeks pine trees cedar trees and more trees bryer bushes black snakes and turkeys on the trails some places and no paddle tires needed here just hevy tubes and knob tires. I think i got most of it.

I read all these post and no one ansewerd this guys question. you gave hime a lot of places to ride which he could look here and find places. Dude what you can expect is red hard packed dirt most places rocks ruts roots creeks pine trees cedar trees and more trees bryer bushes black snakes and turkeys on the trails some places and no paddle tires needed here just hevy tubes and knob tires. I think i got most of it.

No, I think we did answer his question. He can look for himself on the links, videos we post in this forum and many google searches as to the terrain. He asked "what type of riding"

His question was open to interpretation.

But, you touched on the tip of the iceberg. Kind of hard to really explain all the types of "terrain" we have here.

Go check out Yanni's posts in the Dual-Sport section. That's the mountain riding at it's best, about three house from Charlotte. Good idea of what weekend riding can be like ~

JM

Thanks for all the post. I had my interview today and I should be hearing something this Friday. I'm going to be selling all my toys if I do get the job as I dont want the hassel of bring everything with me. I'm sure I can get some good deals out there. What does it cost to register your bike out in NC? Do you guys have green stickets and red stickers like we have here in California? With a red sticker bike you are only allowed to ride certain months of the year. My 03 WR250 is a red sticker bike.

Thanks for all the post. I had my interview today and I should be hearing something this Friday. I'm going to be selling all my toys if I do get the job as I dont want the hassel of bring everything with me. I'm sure I can get some good deals out there. What does it cost to register your bike out in NC? Do you guys have green stickets and red stickers like we have here in California? With a red sticker bike you are only allowed to ride certain months of the year. My 03 WR250 is a red sticker bike.

no red or green stickers just get out and ride. You do have to buy an annual OHV pass to get into the ohv parks.

no red or green stickers just get out and ride. You do have to buy an annual OHV pass to get into the ohv parks.

you mean "park" haha as we only have one.

much simpler here. you don't have to register your bike, unless it really is a dual sport. Keep your title in hand for when you sell it and just pass it on. It's even very common here to not even get a title with the bike depending on the age and brand.

out here, there really isn't any public land to ride on, it's more private property and racing the HS's and enduro's.

The quality of riding here is excellent, though.

Good luck on your interview.:bonk: