Going to try FMF on my 09.

I agree to a certain extent. I have not spent anymore dollars than the original kit. The bike is just a hair stink bug, but once broken in should be good. I also understand suspension is not a bolt on and go. I appreciate your feedback as I to agree this chassis is slightly faulted. I had fc with link and reduced shaft and although the bike did feel very balanced, I was not happy with the suspension, particularly the forks. Too soft a spring and it's running low in the stroke, too stiff and it won't settle. Eventually when I sell this bike, it will have fresh FC. Have you tried the FMF? Did you sell your Ohlins?

so which place?? only ohlins guy i know on east coast with honda exp is pro pilot

actually when i called Ohlins direct last year i was told the opposite, they said that Coppersmith is the only Ohlins dealer in the USA authorized to do any services for them. not saying another ohlins dealer can't do service but meaning when it is something Ohlins sweden needs done they have coppersmith do it instead of sending it to sweden. that is what led me to them in the first place as ohlins usa never even returned my call. alot can change in a year so maybe now it is different but i know Coppersmith went to Sweden to get training etc.

now i do know one guy on the east coast that used to work for ohlins in sweden and even designed or help design the orig ttx shock and made some of there works forks a few years back. if your talking about that guy then he 100% knows his shit. when we spoke he wasn't up and running but if he does start doing stuff as you say then he truly knows his stuff. pm me the info if you don't want to post openly. or you can just say the state and i will know if it is the old sweden tech that used to work in there facility in sweden. very nice guy buy the way

thanks

Sure they are - based on the East Coast. 2 more weeks and their site will be updated. They've trained all the Ohlins dealers, including Coppersmith.

you know we agree on alot of stuff, but on this part i will say there are many that like this bike 100%. now that it is dialed it works everywhere for me. until i got my 250 this was the best bike i ever owned.

i know we came to the conclusion that the bike works better with heavier riders and gives lighter ones the problems you speak of etc but not everyone feels the same way about the bike as you. also many are happy with the ohlins on the bike including myself. just as many are happy with a susp companies revalve as well. so i am not saying you need the ohlins to make it work i just know that is what turned the bike around for me after having several revlaves and it not cutting it and bringing it to the point of me selling it.

just my op

H

You realize the problem isn't the suspension, it's the bike?

Frankly, there's noting wrong with KYB. You can't just throw new suspension on this bike and expect a miracle. Ain't gonna happen. The SAME issues you had before will appear -and it looks like you are figuring that out now. I could have saved you a lot of money in advance.

I'm back on KYB's again after going the same route as you. Trust me on this one, you are in for another ride my friend. My advice - stop spending another dime on this suspension now. You'll thank me later.

This bike will have you sorting out settings till the cows come home and it still won't be enough. Also, you need to know this - FC or any other suspension shop has far more experience with suspension setup on this bike than Coppersmith or any Ohlins dealer for that matter. Your guy at Coppersmith may be responsive, but it doesn't mean they know how to fix your problem. Been down that long and expensive path already. At least my FC KYB's, I know what to expect now and not a bunch of "hey put the CSC clicker here, it'll work wonders". It's all about the CSC, right. LOL.

Again, it's not about the suspension, it's about the geometry of this bike that will continue to have you scratching your head. KYB's will get you just as far and farther if you have a competent suspension shop. I was a test subject for FC and ended up doing the same for Coppersmith, and now I'm reasonably back on my KYB setup.

BTW: I even lowered my Ohlins shock - guess what, still the same problems in getting the bike to balance. You will always be in a give and take situation, but the part that has always frustrated me, was I never felt that I could just get on the bike and ride it hard as I was always paying attention to what the suspension was doing. If you read my previous writeup, after a year with this bike, it's been a love/hate relationship, but more so on the hate side if I you don't mind me being candid.

Again, stop spending your money chasing the dream.

Maybe its not the suspension, but the rider! Eh rickkkk? You cant expect to ride like Bubbles when you cant even do 30 min on a stairmaster.

I have an A kit and my bike rocks. The kyb stuff is ok, its no where near some works stuff. Maybe you should work on balancing on one foot, rather than blaming everything on a perfectly fine chassis.....

There seems to be a balance problem with my bike rickk, the handlebar almost touches the ground.... :bonk:

nick2.jpg

Maybe its not the suspension, but the rider! Eh rickkkk? You cant expect to ride like Bubbles when you cant even do 30 min on a stairmaster.

I have an A kit and my bike rocks. The kyb stuff is ok, its no where near some works stuff. Maybe you should work on balancing on one foot, rather than blaming everything on a perfectly fine chassis.....

There seems to be a balance problem with my bike rickk, the handlebar almost touches the ground.... :bonk:

nick2.jpg

I hope you're not refering to me. I assure you a stairmaster is not in my gym. Dude, you win the bad ass award. Go polish your frame. With loam like that, my wife could drag a bar!

I wasnt banned....I havent been on this forum in a while. Its nice to see that when I check it, some things never change! :bonk:

Now, back to the subject at hand.... :bonk:

You cant go blaming honda for you not being able to ride their bike, or set it up properly. Just because what you tried didnt work for you, doesnt mean that hondas chassis is flawed. Get real. I havent had any balance issues with the susp i have now, nor the enzo kyb stuff I had. No susp is gonna magically make you ride better. I just find it amazing that a c-d rider has such issues with his setup. I just dont think you are going fast enough to understand what the bike needs. Most riders at beginner-novice level will never use their susp to its potential.