tinted goggle lenses

I have four pair I tried, all Scott 83X's. One has clear, I can't stand it. I went to a Light Sensitive lens, and liked it in the woods. It tints "amp blue" for bright light, but on a white sand track the blue seems to add more glare.

I have tried a red lens those work better in the thick woods.

I settled on a Dark Grey color for everything. I may also try to grab a piece of 3M window tint and lay it over a clear lens. Maybe something dark like a 15% light transmission. If i can get the tint to stick to the lens and be clear, I may have a favorite!!

I have four pair I tried, all Scott 83X's. One has clear, I can't stand it. I went to a Light Sensitive lens, and liked it in the woods. It tints "amp blue" for bright light, but on a white sand track the blue seems to add more glare.

I have tried a red lens those work better in the thick woods.

I settled on a Dark Grey color for everything. I may also try to grab a piece of 3M window tint and lay it over a clear lens. Maybe something dark like a 15% light transmission. If i can get the tint to stick to the lens and be clear, I may have a favorite!!

I have very light sensitive eyes. Just being in the sun w/o glasses for 15 minutes can give me a headache. A light gray lens I have seems to work good for everything. I haven't tried red or blue, but I have a yellow lens that at first seems real good, but riding with it seems to make you lose depth or something. It's not too bad for very bright situations but it sucks in the woods with all the shadows.

Thanks for the tip on the red lenses, I'll try one of those. :bonk:

• 2 weeks later...