Enduro racing in PNW?

Like I said earlier, I don't really care about whether it's a time keeper or qualifier. I just want to race on trails, not chopped up, multi-lined terrain that a ATV could get through.

You should enjoy the terrain in WA then. Aside from Capitol Forrest, all of the events have ample ammounts of single track. This was my first year doing the enduro series and even being on one of the last minutes, the courses all seemed to hold up well. They also run the enduros during the prime riding season, so you don't have to worry about the heat and dust like D36 events.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True enduro riders like myself don't want to lose the old school enduro format to the isde format or to the national format. I know us b.c.m/c will not be changing any time soon, we like old school. We love keepin time computer definetly take some of the challenge out of it but hey its one less thing to have to think about .True i run a ico but i also use a jart and strap on a stop watch just in case the ico takes a dump ,

This thread is great!

I especially like the remarks about the known control. :excuseme:

Oh and by the way, congrats Dave on requalifiing for AA.

All this enduro talk is getting me so pumped for 2010 Enduro series.

And I was thinking about changing gears and focusing on the off road series in 2010.:bonk:

Once an enduro rider always an enduro rider.

Roscoe

This thread is great!

I especially like the remarks about the known control. :bonk:

Oh and by the way, congrats Dave on requalifiing for AA.

All this enduro talk is getting me so pumped for 2010 Enduro series.

And I was thinking about changing gears and focusing on the off road series in 2010.?

Once an enduro rider always an enduro rider.

Roscoe

Yeah the know controls are great !:excuseme: And it wasn't only Scott's fault, my computer went down and thought , I'll just ride off of Scott, so there was my mess up, not his !! Enduros kick ass!! and they will kick your ass too..... Thanks Roscoe! AA here we go again...

You should enjoy the terrain in WA then. Aside from Capitol Forrest, all of the events have ample ammounts of single track. This was my first year doing the enduro series and even being on one of the last minutes, the courses all seemed to hold up well. They also run the enduros during the prime riding season, so you don't have to worry about the heat and dust like D36 events.

Yeah I'm looking forward to it. The best part is if I do it right and get my family moved up there by early spring, I will have gone straight from our prime riding season to yours.

I'm hoping to be up there and settled in by May.

Going to keep my D36 and D37 enduro cards since we are planning on turning our house into a rental, which means I'll have to plan occasional trips back down to "work on the rental house."

But looking forward to riding NMA stuff and finding a enduro club that needs my help.

True enduro riders like myself don't want to lose the old school enduro format to the isde format or to the national format. I know us b.c.m/c will not be changing any time soon, we like old school.

I agree if you host a time keeper stay with it. I see the other "enduro" formats as tools to entice other clubs into promoting an enduro.

My club does a time keeper (along with a national H&H) we will always do a time keeper.

However, as a rider, it was cool to see a new club come along this year and host a qualifier format enduro. It was their first event and they pulled well over 350 entries. They wouldn't have got that with a time keeper or a desert race.

Rumor has it the Checkers MC, known for brutal Hare & Hounds, is considering a qualifier format enduro this Feb. in place of their normal H&H. They have gradually lost entries because they've scared off a lot of the casual desert racers over the years.

The qualifier pulls in hardcore desert racers and enduro guys looking for the same challenge. I imagine they would have the same effect on your hare scramble riders who wouldn't otherwise try a time keeper.

• 1 month later...

So I'm up here with the family for the holiday and I stopped into Hinshaws to talk to Ron and told him were were moving up and we started talking about the clubs up here. He mentioned that one of the enduro clubs actually owns or has an agreement with a land owner to ride on a piece of private land. I want to say the club was "Pudget Sound Enduro Riders" or something like that. Is that the case? If you belong to this club you have access to a private riding area?