Sign in to follow this  

And here I thought all dirtbike people were helpful and nice. How naive of me.

Here is a nice story for you. Am curious if anybody else has had issues. Everybody else that I have run into has been more that helpful and our group has always done what is necessary to help others. So here goes:

We were riding on Saturday East of Cal City headed to Kramer Junction for some grub. About 3-4 miles from there, my son's front tire went flat. As we were discussing options (we did not have a tube or irons with us), three other riders went by. We flagged them down and they agreed to meet us at Astro burger so that we could borrow their tire irons. Got there and borrowed their irons. I thanked them. By that time they were halfway done with their meal and one said "We are almost done, you better hurry". As I walked away, I thought to myself that they must be joking. About 8-10 minutes later, they walked over as we were struggling a bit and said "What are you guys doing?" Then said "Get out of the way ladies" as he thought about helping Agent 2 with the tire change. The same dude realized then that this was going to take some time, so he picked up his tools and proclaimed "we are outta here". One of my friends overheard them say earlier as they were eating that we were a bunch of dumb asshats.

Anyway, obviously we could have a been a little better prepared I agree, but NEVER, NEVER have I run into a bigger set of jerks. So if you are out there, you riders from Cantil, wait till the day you need something from somebody. Karma will bite you in the ass.😏 Rant over.:ride:

That's just swell. What goes around, comes around.

BTW, in Randsburg, east of the Market/Cafe, at the Antique store on the South side of the street, Charlie will fix flats and has some generic parts available.

Bob

bummer. fortunately this sounds like it's the first time you've run into this kind of behavior, pretty rare imho. yes, karma will get them. blow an engine or something with no tow strap, something like that will happen. piss on them. did you get the boys tire back on?

LOL Sorry I couldn't help but laugh. :ride:🤣:lol:

Sounds pretty funny. I hope you figured out how to fix the flat. I wouldn't worry about it. There's jerks everywhere. I mean, this is CA right? 😏:smirk:

I hope one of their wheels fell off on their ride back! I have run into a time or two that I loaned tools. If I was in a hurry to keep on schedule I would do the work for them. I think it was the case the THEY didn't know how to use the tire irons. Did they look new, like never been used, just marks from sitting in the holder?

BTW, in Randsburg, east of the Market/Cafe, at the Antique store on the South side of the street, Charlie will fix flats and has some generic parts available.

Bob

Very good info to have.

I actually look forward to helping those in need when I head out into the desert, my 30lb backpack tells the tale.

Bob

Whoo Hoo Charlies "Ore House" I like that place.

We, or should I say Agent 2:worthy:😏, managed, but after patching the tube, it didn't hold anyway. Had to send others back to camp (30 miles one way) to get a vehicle to come get us. Got to take in the local sites and had a good lunch at Astro Burger were (new owner and menu too). The irons looked like they were 50 years old, weighed 3 lbs. each and were rusty. Got the tire off with 'em though. Already looking for a fender pack with tube and CO2 cartridges, and irons though.

I hope one of their wheels fell off on their ride back! I have run into a time or two that I loaned tools. If I was in a hurry to keep on schedule I would do the work for them. I think it was the case the THEY didn't know how to use the tire irons. Did they look new, like never been used, just marks from sitting in the holder?

Exactly, and I think you are right, why wouldnt they at least just fix the damn thing before leaving somebody stranded.....

LOL Sorry I couldn't help but laugh. :ride:🤣:lol:

Sounds pretty funny. I hope you figured out how to fix the flat. I wouldn't worry about it. There's jerks everywhere. I mean, this is CA right? 😏:smirk:

Stupid and funny I know, but our equipment and bikes are always in great shape. We never have flats, as a matter a fact, it has been 2 years. Run heavy duty tubes and keep our tires at 14-15 psi. I learned a couple lessons here. The only thing that it really did was to waste 3 hours. Could have been much worse.

Exactly, and I think you are right, why wouldnt they at least just fix the damn thing before leaving somebody stranded.....

Dude, their attitude was just unbelieveable.

• Like 1

Screw the A**holes. Let's get to the important issue, what did you have for lunch? 😏

We, or should I say Agent 2:worthy:😏, managed, but after patching the tube, it didn't hold anyway. Had to send others back to camp (30 miles one way) to get a vehicle to come get us. Got to take in the local sites and had a good lunch at Astro Burger were (new owner and menu too). The irons looked like they were 50 years old, weighed 3 lbs. each and were rusty. Got the tire off with 'em though. Already looking for a fender pack with tube and CO2 cartridges, and irons though.

Here are a few things to consider when putting a pack together for real desert rides. I have mixed it up a little with some refinements sionce but I still carry most of these things.

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516501&highlight=thinks+to+carry

I really like these tire irons for the trail, super lite, screw the heavy steel ones.

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575163&highlight=remove+backpack

Screw the A**holes. Let's get to the important issue, what did you have for lunch? 😏

Double cheese and fries. Son had a Carne Asada wet burrito. Both were great. Huge new menu. I think that this has to be a Tday week destination as it has food and gas too.

Did you just say the Azzhole burger at Kramer is a destination!?!?!?! Wow, they must have really turned that place around, its been a running joke for years as to how bad that place is/was.

Bob

This is the dude in the red barn looking garage place right? If so that guy is awesome and an all around great person.

Here are a few things to consider when putting a pack together for real desert rides. I have mixed it up a little with some refinements sionce but I still carry most of these things.

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516501&highlight=thinks+to+carry

I really like these tire irons for the trail, super lite, screw the heavy steel ones.

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575163&highlight=remove+backpack

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...emove+backpack

Could you identify exactly what those tools are for me?

Did you just say the Azzhole burger at Kramer is a destination!?!?!?! Wow, they must have really turned that place around, its been a running joke for years as to how bad that place is/was.

I agree totally. Again, new owners and new menu. It used to suck.