Sign in to follow this  

Get Tired AFTER Riding

I don't know about you guys, but I really only get tired after riding. I'm just pumped with so much adrenaline and excitement, I can't feel any tiredness. I get arm pump after a while, but it tends just to be an annoyance. I've been the most at 6 hours of straight riding trips in the dunes and trails. From Noon to Sun-down.

Anyone else like this?

Do you drink much water? it could be dehydration. Or maybe you're not eating enough. Try eating some fruits and nuts throughout the day.

LOL, I just started riding this fall after a few years of watching/supporting my kids.

I feel the same way, riding for me is like "Coke", I can still only put a couple of laps in, but I am just freaking pumped when I am on the track.

But once it is time to pack and go home, I am done, emotionally and physically finished. It is like coming down off of the high of a drug. The bitch is that we have at min 2 hours to drive home from the closest track. My son will be able to drive next year so we are all set I will drive to the practice and he will have to drive home if I ride.:smirk:

Enter an Enduro...report back :smirk:

My first few enduros were pretty hard, but the last few years, i've been able to ride pretty aggressively right up to the end, even in national events, or isde qualifiers (2-days).

I really really like riding, so it doesn't really fell that hard until I either stop, or reach total exhaustion.

My first few enduros were pretty hard, but the last few years, i've been able to ride pretty aggressively right up to the end, even in national events, or isde qualifiers (2-days).

I really really like riding, so it doesn't really fell that hard until I either stop, or reach total exhaustion.

You're not the average rider, and you know it. Exceptions prove the rule :smirk:

We gotta couple events here on the wetside of the Mtns that do a pretty good job on 99% of the folks that ride them. The Webfoot at Walker, or the Frostbite at Reiter is usually good for some extracurricular muscle activity...such as pulling your bike out of a 3ft deep mudhole.

:ride:

To me if I'm not physically tired then i didn't ride hard enough. I'm naturally hyper/high strung, so like you i am wound up before & during.

I ride with a bunch of old guys (mid 40s :-) ok not all that old )who are very fast, but they like to take a lot of breaks so I don't feel tired while riding. After the ride, they're all local and I'm stuck with a 2 hour drive home, only to have to wake up early for work the next morning. THAT'S when I feel sore.

if you're not tired after a physical workout (riding), then it wasn't a workout.

I agree with the dehydration though. If you're overly sore and tired, you are probably malnourished and dehydrated. You should be TANKING the water, fruits, carbs, etc... before, during, AND after your ride.

if you're not tired after a physical workout (riding), then it wasn't a workout.

I agree with the dehydration though. If you're overly sore and tired, you are probably malnourished and dehydrated. You should be TANKING the water, fruits, carbs, etc... before, during, AND after your ride.

I think the op's point (and maybe i read too much into it) was not "dang, after riding, I'm really tired, I wonder why" but more "i like riding soooo much that I don't even notice i'm tired until i'm done. then i'm like... dooooooood." At least that's how I feel :smirk:

I think the op's point (and maybe i read too much into it) was not "dang, after riding, I'm really tired, I wonder why" but more "i like riding soooo much that I don't even notice i'm tired until i'm done. then i'm like... dooooooood." At least that's how I feel :smirk:

that is exactly what I was saying! I ride mostly dunes and deserts though. I also workout everyday and run about 5 miles a week. I've never raced mx, I know thats a really tough sport, I would get into the sport, but I can't afford it at the moment.

I always ask people if they think mx or any dirt bike related sport looks hard, they say if they DON'T ride "dude, your being pulled by a motor, it's probably the laziest sport in the world.", then there is a huge argument. If I ask someone who does ride, they say it's like one of the hardest and it keeps them in shape. I've noticed it to. People in my Weight Lifting class and that ride also, tend to have a lot of lean muscle and can lift pretty good. They also are able to run for MILES at a time.