TM Designworks no leak collar for YZ250

Tomorrow I will be testing out a TM Designworks no leak collar on my YZ250. I installed it this afternoon and I sure hope that it works as advertised. Although I really don't get very much oil drippage from the exhaust pipe-silencer joint, I do get just enough to make cleaning up my bike a bit more of a hassle. One of my riding buddies and I are taking a vacation day from work Monday to check out an OHV park that neither of us have ridden at yet. The weather is supposed to be excellent, so we are both pumped about riding tomorrow! My last ride was on the YZ125, so I will have to re-adjust to the additional power of the YZ250 tomorrow. ?

If anyone here is interested I will report back on the effectiveness of the TM Designworks no leak collar on my YZ250. I used a Dremel tool to radius off the inner and outer edges of the exhaust pipe and silencer. Then I hand sanded the edges with 1000 grit sandpaper in hopes that I wouldn't tear or gouge the seal rings inside the collar during assembly. The edges felt very smooth to the touch before assembly, and I applied a little grease to the seal rings as well.

Ron M.

Well, I rode for 4 hours today and the TM Designworks No Leak Collar worked flawlessly! Not one trace of any oil leakage at the joint between the exhaust pipe and silencer. I was very, very pleased to see this at the end of the ride when I loaded up my bike to go home. In my opinion it looks much better than the OEM rubber collar. I like the fact that the two springs are eliminated with the TM Designworks No Leak Collar as well.

Well, I rode for 4 hours today and the TM Designworks No Leak Collar worked flawlessly! Not one trace of any oil leakage at the joint between the exhaust pipe and silencer. I was very, very pleased to see this at the end of the ride when I loaded up my bike to go home. In my opinion it looks much better than the OEM rubber collar. I like the fact that the two springs are eliminated with the TM Designworks No Leak Collar as well.

so where did you get this and how much?? Thanks.

I have been using one for abour 3 months. The thing is great. A little hi temp silicone on the orings and on the pipe and silencer ends make it go on easily. No leaks. My stocker was shot. The TM unit should last indefinitely by changing out the orings. It was also about 1/2 the price of a new stock piece.

Tomorrow I will be testing out a TM Designworks no leak collar on my YZ250. I installed it this afternoon and I sure hope that it works as advertised. Although I really don't get very much oil drippage from the exhaust pipe-silencer joint, I do get just enough to make cleaning up my bike a bit more of a hassle. One of my riding buddies and I are taking a vacation day from work Monday to check out an OHV park that neither of us have ridden at yet. The weather is supposed to be excellent, so we are both pumped about riding tomorrow! My last ride was on the YZ125, so I will have to re-adjust to the additional power of the YZ250 tomorrow. ?

If anyone here is interested I will report back on the effectiveness of the TM Designworks no leak collar on my YZ250. I used a Dremel tool to radius off the inner and outer edges of the exhaust pipe and silencer. Then I hand sanded the edges with 1000 grit sandpaper in hopes that I wouldn't tear or gouge the seal rings inside the collar during assembly. The edges felt very smooth to the touch before assembly, and I applied a little grease to the seal rings as well.

Ron M.

TM design works makes great stuff. I use the chain guide and slider on all my bikes. Very functional and wear like iron. However, I find some hi-temp silicone at the joint eliminates any drip or spooge. The no-leak collar is really not necessary unless the stocker needs replacing.

TM design works makes great stuff. I use the chain guide and slider on all my bikes. Very functional and wear like iron. However, I find some hi-temp silicone at the joint eliminates any drip or spooge. The no-leak collar is really not necessary unless the stocker needs replacing.

Agreed on the TM Designworks' product quality. I have the chain guide and slider on my YZ125.

Although the no leak collar may not be necessary, I personally like the way that it looks when compared to the stocker.

The stock piece works ok fo rme, but the problem I have with it is changing silencers. Its really easy to cut the stock part unless things are aligned perfectly. Will the tm be more forgiving in this? The tt store sells them on page 52. Part number 97-1042 if you're looking for a price.

The stock piece works ok fo rme, but the problem I have with it is changing silencers. Its really easy to cut the stock part unless things are aligned perfectly. Will the tm be more forgiving in this? The tt store sells them on page 52. Part number 97-1042 if you're looking for a price.

Personally, I believe it would be more forgiving in this respect. The TM collar is robust since it is made out of metal. As long as you do the up front prep work to the ends of your silencer and pipe to prevent gouging or tearing the inner seal rings inside the TM collar you should be okay. I used a Dremel tool to radius off the inner and outer edges of both the pipe and silencer and then followed that process up with hand sanding those same edges with 1000 grit sandpaper. Probably overkill on my part, but I was determined to make 100% sure that I didn't leave a single burr in the metal surfaces that would be coming into contact with the seal rings inside the TM collar. I also applied a light coat of grease to the seal rings per the instructions included with the TM collar. So far it seems to be working just as advertised.

Personally, I believe it would be more forgiving in this respect. The TM collar is robust since it is made out of metal. As long as you do the up front prep work to the ends of your silencer and pipe to prevent gouging or tearing the inner seal rings inside the TM collar you should be okay. I used a Dremel tool to radius off the inner and outer edges of both the pipe and silencer and then followed that process up with hand sanding those same edges with 1000 grit sandpaper. Probably overkill on my part, but I was determined to make 100% sure that I didn't leave a single burr in the metal surfaces that would be coming into contact with the seal rings inside the TM collar. I also applied a light coat of grease to the seal rings per the instructions included with the TM collar. So far it seems to be working just as advertised.

Good info and thanks very much. The price is not bad when compared to the stock part.