Settings for Scott's Damper

Just trying to set up the Scott's , there are three different adjustments. It was suggested to me to run the lo speed basically off with the high speed on all the way for sudden jolts, rocks, roots etc. What about the angle of use setting ??? Any suggestions ?? How are you guys running them ??

Hi Jonesy,

I run my high speed stock. It does fine just the way it is. The other setting (low speed) I tighten all the way then back off 7 clicks. I back off a few extra clicks every once in a while if it gets real tight and the bars seem hard to turn.

This past weekend I rode some pretty tight single track and the setting felt perfect.

Go ahead and experiment with it a bit but I doubt you will have to adjust the High speed setting. Enjoy your purchase! You will be stoked very soon! ?

Fryboy

Yeah you can adjust the deflection angle with the adjustment screws on the sides. IE: when the bars are turned past 25 degrees the damper no longer is active.

THE SWEEP CONTROL VALVES

LOCATED ON BOTH SIDES, these are what control the distance of damping force (or

sweep), from the center line out to either side until it releases. The stabilizer is then free to

move to the steering stop. This allows for easy steering in tight turns.

In order to determine where your sweep control is set you’ll notice a machined

bevel on one side of the slot head groove, that is the POINTER END. Don’t confuse the

threaded hole as the pointer, it’s the beveled side of the head of the sweep control.

Always look at each sweep control as the FACE of a CLOCK.

If setting is at 3 o’clock, the right-side valve would face toward the FRONT of

the bike and the left-side valve would be facing towards the BACK of the bike.

At the 12 o’clock setting both would be facing UP.

At the 6 o’clock setting both would be facing DOWN.

SWEEP VALVE ( both-sides)

HIGH SPEED VALVE

9 o’clock damping

is 34 degrees.

12 o’clock damping

is 44 degrees.

3 o’clock damping

is 54 degrees.

6 o’clock damping

is full 78 degrees.

Sweep controls located on

each side are normally set

at the twelve o’clock

position.

Key Feature: This prevents arm pump commonly created in other stabilizers.

-8- <pre><font class="small">code:<hr> </pre><hr>

Scott's has always suggested, to me anyway, to leave the high speed and sweep settings at stock positions, which I do. I run the slow speed setting around 8 and adjust from there for the conditions. I back it off to around 13 or more in really tight stuff or at tracks and go up to 6 if it is open and fast.