My DRZ is FINALLY comfortable!!!!

Just had the seat on my DRZ windened, refoamed and recovered by a local upholsterer here in the UK, it is AWESOMELY comfortable now compared to the truly awful standard seat.... and best of all it's a fantastic quality job and was a mere 50 UK pounds!!

He's looking for business so anyone interested he'll do the same for you ?

I REALLY cannot stress how much better this is than it was previously!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that for hauling it out of the mud? I need some straps for that.

Looks good, smaller view gives a better idea of the overall shape. ?

I usually laugh at the "comfortable seats" on the DRZ. I mean, really? Comfort?

...and then I went and did 200 miles of dual sport riding yesterday, everything from slab to singletrack and now my a$$ is KILLING ME! I would have given most anything for a seat like that yesterday!

I usually laugh at the "comfortable seats" on the DRZ. I mean, really? Comfort?

...and then I went and did 200 miles of dual sport riding yesterday, everything from slab to singletrack and now my a$$ is KILLING ME! I would have given most anything for a seat like that yesterday!

I'm impressed. On road I could only manage 10 miles before it hurt. Off road spending most of the time stood on the pegs was ok, but the standard seat limited my exploring range ?

Did 50 miles on road toady and blissfully comfy!

Last time I rode 50 mile woth the old seat I think I bruised (at least) my coccyx and found sitting on anything to be uncomfy for two weeks or so

I'm needing to do something... I did 400 miles yesterday... the last 150 was TORTURE... I was doing the seat dance like crazy. I've got an Air Hawk seat pad... but forgot it...

I think I'm gonna try buying a stock seat of egay... then cut it down, widen it... and add some memory foam... see how I like it...

Am really impressed for what you got for £50, I am UK too, do you think he will do a postal service?

do you have any contact details email etc

He may well do, you'd need to call him and chat with him. Mention that Steve recommended his work ? as I said I'd put the word out and he was all for it :ride:

His name is Colin and his phone number is 01244 546001. his workshop is in Buckley, Flintshire, North Wales.

perhaps so but it does'nt seem too bad when standing on the pegs or with a foot down etc, and it does support your thighs at the front nicely too, plus I still have my gel seat to pop on if I'm off for a day over the Welsh mountains ?

I still have my gel seat to pop on if I'm off for a day over the Welsh mountains?

I generally ride in Devon but once a year a group of us head out to Wales to sample the Sarn Helen, Gap and Strata Florida area - beautifully country.:ride:

Any chance you could you give me some pointers on other area's to ride?

Cheers, Rich.

??