Manta Rack?

?

Ok, I found this on Fleabay the other night, and I just had to laugh. I like the workmanship, and admire the thought and the execution, BUT.....C'mon Man...

The link to the auction....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-DRZ-400-S-SM-KLX-400-Cargo-Adventure-Rack_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2ea8cfcd1aQQitemZ200400686362QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

It is nice to have a wide rack like that. Not for putting on a ton of weight but you can under mount tool canisters, Pack a dry bag and all of your gear on it with no saddle bags, You have plenty of area for straps, a large enough footprint to carry tires, etc.

I have the Pro Billet rack for my S and it is nice, but it lacks the surface area I really need. I installed a set of Core-tech saddle bags and a top bag to compensate.

photo1.jpg

You can barely see the rack under all of the gear. I would prefer it if it were larger:

IMG_0033.jpg

Any of you who adventure ride, or ride long distances and do a lot of camping have a larger rack on your rides?

I've got no affiliation with the inventor but I've read her reports on advrider.com. I think the photos on her website are better than the eBay ad. Read her ride report on the eBay link for more information.

http://www.ruggedrider.com/products.html

What I like about it is the large flat surface with lots of tie-down points, as well as the convertible aspect. It would be nice to have a flat surface for a duffel bag for overnighters. The price is $30 less than the Suzuki OEM upgrade.

My ONLY concern is that I still have the stock tail lights and I don't think this is compatible. I think she's going to the CycleWorld show in Long Beach and I will see if I can track her down for more info.

Yeah I saw somebody talking about that in another post. I put the picture up with the caption "judge for yourself" Then I noticed it was designed by a chick.

I would like to know how it feels when you take a shot to the back with one of the corners of that thing during a get off?

OUCH!