Sign in to follow this  

Manta Rack?

:smirk:

Ok, I found this on Fleabay the other night, and I just had to laugh. I like the workmanship, and admire the thought and the execution, BUT.....C'mon Man...

The link to the auction....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-DRZ-400-S-SM-KLX-400-Cargo-Adventure-Rack_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2ea8cfcd1aQQitemZ200400686362QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

You never know when you might have to move a refrigerator on your Z. I guess this proves that Ebay has something for everybody.

I am sure it can hold a ton or weight, but the sub frame cannot....

I have had my OEM rack for a long time and love it. Have pulled people out of the woods with it and it always has my 2 DRZ tool packs on it....

With the wings it would be good for larger loads, or floppy things that need suport.

Neil. :smirk::ride::ride:

So what your saying its a great place to put fat chicks? :lol:

throw a fat chick on that rack and it's a perfect way to practice wheelies without any throttle

It looks fine with the extra wings removed :smirk:

See here.

With the wings it would be good for larger loads, or floppy things that need suport.

Neil. :ride::lol::ride:

Yeah...looks much better w/o the wings...but pricy though huh?:lol:

Neil. :smirk::ride::ride:

Or taking flight when you gotta get away from the cops... (sry Aspencop)

ET Phone home!!

:lol:

It is nice to have a wide rack like that. Not for putting on a ton of weight but you can under mount tool canisters, Pack a dry bag and all of your gear on it with no saddle bags, You have plenty of area for straps, a large enough footprint to carry tires, etc.

I have the Pro Billet rack for my S and it is nice, but it lacks the surface area I really need. I installed a set of Core-tech saddle bags and a top bag to compensate.

photo1.jpg

You can barely see the rack under all of the gear. I would prefer it if it were larger:

IMG_0033.jpg

Any of you who adventure ride, or ride long distances and do a lot of camping have a larger rack on your rides?

I've got no affiliation with the inventor but I've read her reports on advrider.com. I think the photos on her website are better than the eBay ad. Read her ride report on the eBay link for more information.

http://www.ruggedrider.com/products.html

What I like about it is the large flat surface with lots of tie-down points, as well as the convertible aspect. It would be nice to have a flat surface for a duffel bag for overnighters. The price is $30 less than the Suzuki OEM upgrade.

My ONLY concern is that I still have the stock tail lights and I don't think this is compatible. I think she's going to the CycleWorld show in Long Beach and I will see if I can track her down for more info.

Yeah I saw somebody talking about that in another post. I put the picture up with the caption "judge for yourself" Then I noticed it was designed by a chick.

I would like to know how it feels when you take a shot to the back with one of the corners of that thing during a get off?

OUCH!

I like the concept, but not the final design. To each his (her) own!

I give them points for trying!

If the outer section could detach, leaving the inner section on for normal riding, then it might be pretty cool.

Oh, it does. It is still a bit clunky looking, but would be pretty good for adventures!

Maybe good for carrying a surfboard to the beach!

May be good AS a surfboard at the beach.:smirk: