What Did You Do To Your XR Today . . . .

3 minutes ago, yzrider07 said:

Yeah idk about the swapping tags thing. 

I do... HORRIBLE idea. 

I do know that some create an LLC in Wyoming b/c it's cheap, it's a tax shelter, and an llc can legally own assets like a bike. Might read up on the subject. Yes, it's a loophole, but it's legal if you follow the requirements. Not sure about you, but the state telling me it's ok for a 77 chevy 454 duelly to have a plate is cool, but a dirtbike that burns infinitely less fuel and has a fractional amount of road wear/tear is stupid. A plated dirtbike doesn't endanger anyone, violate another's rights, or take their property, so who cares....

2 hours ago, yzrider07 said:

http://supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?144432-Get-a-Street-Legal-Title-and-Plate-for-ANY-Bike!#/topics/144432

Yeah idk about the swapping tags thing. I'm trying to be as legit as possible. Last thing I need is to end up in jail or have legal problems. I'm in upstate South Carolina Greenville area.

I registered my 2003 XR400 several years ago at the DMV in Spartanburg without any issues. Have you tried going to the DMV? 

3 hours ago, yzrider07 said:
3 hours ago, Off-Road Adventures said:
I registered my 2003 XR400 several years ago at the DMV in Spartanburg without any issues. Have you tried going to the DMV? 

I haven't, I did call them in Columbia and they said there's nothing they can do without a title.

OK, I thought you had the certificate of origin. I guess Dakota is the way to go then. 

I recently posted about tuning the suspension on my 03 XR250R.  After playing around with the settings a bit I settled on some clicker settings that worked flawlessly yesterday.  Did a 25 mile high desert single track ride, hills, rocks and sand.  Settings on the rear are 10 clicks out on the compression and rebound.  Front is 8 clicks out.  Springs are stock, tried a heavier front and didn't like it, the Race Tech spring calculator has a tendency to be too stiff.  Rear oil is 5 wt, front is 7.5 at stock amount, I may try 5.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, , I've stewed on this for weeks now.
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna put the bike on the market[emoji53].
It was a rediculas impulse buy last year considering I was right in the middle of the &%$#@!ing cancer treatments. Rrrr.
I honestly can't believe it. Maybe I was trying to give myself a reason to keep pushing forward with the hopes of getting back to the dirt. I D K?
I think considering my condition and age it would be a wise move to stand down for now. I don't want to hurt myself sad to say.
If anyone in the Las Vegas area is interested give me a P.M. for details.
02 XR4r w/upgrades. $2500obo
paydaygabelv@gmail.com

After my crash and n Baja in January the XR4 needed ifork rebuilding. While the forks were out I also changed the steering bearings, put on a new tire, and put on a net fender and headlight shroud.

IMG_5681.jpg

The bike was on the lift for a bit while i sent out the forks to 707 Racing Suspension.

IMG_5827.jpg

Today We reassembled it the bike including new fork boots

IMG_5960.jpg

Edited by cabrito

4 hours ago, Undercover Poe said:

IMG_5240.thumb.JPG.6651321cfee42d072c9f2bfb74d0ab44.JPGi started my xr and took it for a quick spin. Then I changed the clutch, brake pedal, clutch cable and lever. The only Thing I didn’t replace on that whole assembly was the perch.

Whats the yellow thing on the front brake disk?

• 3 weeks later...