Sign in to follow this  

XR600 Race Tech Gold Valve Settings

Does anyone have the table or a print out for any of the Gold Valve shim stack settings or combinations for the 1991-2000 XR600R shock? I realize that Race Tech claims there are over 300,000 different combinations, but some base settings for a 170lb fast intermediate/mid-pack expert rider for desert or Baja use would be good.

Here's the problem...I have three XR600 shocks, all with Gold Valves, which needed either rebuilding or simple repair (i.e. shock bumper gone), so I've taken each apart. I do not know the history on any of them or what typer of rider/riding they are set up for. All are Gold Valve equipped, but the shim stacks vary wildly.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm no help on your search for gold valve recommended shim stacks, but I'm in the process of rebuilding my XR600 shock (93) have the stock stack numbers if you ever need them. The rubber bumper was missing on my shock as well and I was quite surprised that it isn't as difficult pulling it all apart as all the suspension shops try to make you think it is. BWB has 650R gold valve stack info on his website but I'm not sure it will help you any either. Good luck.

I'm no help on your search for gold valve recommended shim stacks, but I'm in the process of rebuilding my XR600 shock (93) have the stock stack numbers if you ever need them. The rubber bumper was missing on my shock as well and I was quite surprised that it isn't as difficult pulling it all apart as all the suspension shops try to make you think it is. BWB has 650R gold valve stack info on his website but I'm not sure it will help you any either. Good luck.

You are right...rebuilding a shock is very simple if one is patient enough to follow the steps. If everone only knew that two snap rings hold the whole thing together, everyone would servence their own shock!

You are right...rebuilding a shock is very simple if one is patient enough to follow the steps. If everone only knew that two snap rings hold the whole thing together, everyone would service their own shock!

i picked up a L shock that reportedly has been tweaked by a "tuner"...

...haven't had a chance to open it up for service but i'm expecting to find a gold valve a modified stack.

i found a Race Tech Shock Gold Valve Installation guide that someone scanned and put on the web BUT can't find it again :smirk:

it shows the installation on a Showa shock, stack information and tuning notes...it should be very helpful and i'll look a little more to see if i can't locate it for you.:excuseme:

:bonk:

oh i found it...i saved it to my hard drive :smirk:

there zip files so pm me ur email and i'll send them but it will most likely be later in the day or evening when i send them. :excuseme:

:bonk: