Washington MX Track @S.End of Boeing Field?

Still curious about this. Seems like it's not an issue anymore because I see trucks parked there and several bikes out on the track pretty often now. That's just in the one time I pass it during the week so I'd assume it's being used more often than I see.

... State patroll said we could not get access to the property since they own so manny feet from the highway. We where told to ask BN if we could cross there tracks. Ya like that would happen. The owner can do what he wants with the land. It is just the state will not let any one access the property from the East side.

This is exactly right. The only access to it is from the freeway off-ramp. Since the off-ramp is part of the freeway, it's "limited access," which means you can only enter or leave it from a designated intersection. It has nothing to do with being anti-dirt, distracting, or anything else. It's to prevent a 50 mph commuter from hitting a truck/trailer that's stopping to unload a bike. 

That being said, over the last couple weeks I've seen people unloading bikes during rush hour, so I think it's only a matter of time until the state sees it and does more to 'discourage' people using it.

The trucks today were pretty far off the highway and I can't imagine that being an issue if they park correctly. They actually had the chain down which gave them a little more room.

Edited by zacreeves

Totally illegal private property don't go there I haven't seen anyone riding there since it was first running many years ago. My friend lives down there riding there is asking for a ticket for trespassing.

How often do you pass it? I see people there often. They aren't sneaking in. Sometimes they have chairs out and are all just hanging out. Several cars parked different places.....I'd say they're not trying to hide it.

I think quite a few people are seeing this thread and checking it out. I've been seeing people there pretty regularly lately. Incidentally, here's the penalty you could face if you get caught illegally using the off-ramp to access the property:

(3) Any person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and upon arrest and conviction therefor shall be punished by a fine of not less than five dollars nor more than one hundred dollars, or by imprisonment in the city or county jail for not less than five days nor more than ninety days, or by both fine and imprisonment. :lol: 

• Like 1

I saw a couple guys riding there 2 days ago. I've wanted to ride there for years ( i commute tacoma-seattle) every day.  Neat little track 

Just because you see people riding there doesn't make it legal. Talked to the guy once who was running it asked if he had permits and got some jacked up reply about it's private property can do what I want Bs.

Shortly after was shut down occasionally I saw some one out there but it's not legal.

It's like the old pipeline trails out in Monroe been closed since like 94. There's still some of the old trails still there. I see people riding there often but that doesn't mean it's legal.

The snohomish county sheriff patrols it often. Probably why I seen people out there then suddenly no one for a long while doing it.

I wasn't questioning the legality. You said you haven't seen anyone riding there in years. I was just saying there's people hanging out there often.

Speeder maids got better? things to do than enforce the ramp, but it could happen 1 day when you go to leave you get detained or cited. If it gets declared a nuisance they'll push the land owner to closing it off. I wouldn't be in there with my truck unless I had permission.

Just because you see people riding there doesn't make it legal. Talked to the guy once who was running it asked if he had permits and got some jacked up reply about it's private property can do what I want Bs.

Shortly after was shut down occasionally I saw some one out there but it's not legal.

It's like the old pipeline trails out in Monroe been closed since like 94. There's still some of the old trails still there. I see people riding there often but that doesn't mean it's legal.

The snohomish county sheriff patrols it often. Probably why I seen people out there then suddenly no one for a long while doing it.

The owner of the property has to ask for the people who are trespassing to be trespassed. There have to be signs as well, it's case law. So it can be argued that it's a grey area to off load and go ride. Police can't just show up and start arresting people, the owner has to take some kind of interest or accountability of the property to start taking enforcement action. I would imagine, since I see people ride there all the time, the owners are fine with people riding there. WSP can get you for the off ramp violation though, but that'd be pretty douchey.. sounds like something they would do.

I rode there today, it's a bad ass course. I only flew into the blackberry bushes once, new personal best!

• Like 2

It's not even a real track maybe a pit area at most. Not seen anyone on it the times I've driven by there lately. Your theory of the property owner not complaining is laughable too good luck with that. You've never had to deal with the cops getting called on you for riding on your own property but your trespassing so your worse off.

It looks like a little recon work is in order. There may be other ways in besides the off-ramp. There is a road that parallels the tracks next to the property. One end has crossings over the tracks to Airport Way S.  The other way goes under SR900 and looks like links up to a turn-off on the opposite side of 900 from  the off ramp.

The latest Google satellite picture even has a guy riding his motorcycle there....and you can see he got his van in there too.

https://www.google.com/maps/@47.508595,-122.2837994,53m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

THAT is freaking awesome. I drove by and don't see how it would be a distraction to people driving by, you can only really see a small section of it from the off ramp. You'd be ok riding on a weekday I imagine, and if you do get confronted be respectful.

Edited by jermag24

I love a good mystery...

Death, ....$5 fine, or ride a cool track....

Hmmmm

If I lived up there I'd give it a try. In the last 20 yrs, the only thing I have is a parking ticket. I think a judge and jury would go easy on me.... 

• Like 1