2010 Gearing

Hey everyone,

Any success with different gearing combos?

Or does stock work well?

Interested in hearing some opinions...

i like the 49 so far. curious about a 47, though. :excuseme:

Edited by Thumpy Thumperton
sp

I am running a 49 seems to be better at my local track. I am a weekend warrior motocross type.

This weekend at Gainesville, I had an opportunity to look at Justin Barcia's 2010 250F supercross bike and it had a 52 on it.

I am running a 49 seems to be better at my local track. I am a weekend warrior motocross type.

This weekend at Gainesville, I had an opportunity to look at Justin Barcia's 2010 250F supercross bike and it had a 52 on it.

I guess you didnt get to count the front sprocket?

Gearing is fun, and is definitely track dependant (although as a recreational rider i end up running the same gearing all season).

I went to the 49 on my 2010 CRF and am pleased with it. Without making the gears too short, the 49 brings 3rd into play in more corners.

mxjeff575.......... That is exactly what I found going to the 49 on my sprocket.

I never change it.

I did not get to count the teeth on the front sprocket of Justin's bike. I beleive it was a practice bike.

I put a 14 tooth front on mine this last ride. Still kept the 48 rear.

It was absolutely amazing, 2nd was awesome out of the tight corners and I found I was only using 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the whole track.

I dont know what people are complaining about with bottom end on this bike, I think they're amazing.

Might I add this is about equivalent to a 14/44.5 so it is very tall.

It worked for me though.

I put a 14 tooth front on mine this last ride. Still kept the 48 rear.

It was absolutely amazing, 2nd was awesome out of the tight corners and I found I was only using 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the whole track.

I dont know what people are complaining about with bottom end on this bike, I think they're amazing.

thats very interesting, havent tried that yet, but its on my list of things to try.

my calculations made me think it would lengthen the gears which this bike needs and as you say bring the lower gears in to play on the slower corners.

good post.

I tried a 50 tooth , and liked it at first. More snap down low , but soon realized I was getting in to 5th gear and looking for 6th at a couple of places on my track. I think that the 49 would be just right with stock motor and pipe. If you have a modified motor or pipe , it would problably be better with the 48.

I thought that the 14/48 combo was stock?

I thought that the 14/48 combo was stock?

13/48 is stock

Is adding a tooth to the front the same as adding a tooth to the rear? In terms of gearing?

Is adding a tooth to the front the same as adding a tooth to the rear? In terms of gearing?

Oh no, a tooth in the front is a big deal. The general rule is 1 tooth in the front either up or down, is equal to 4 teeth in the rear up or down.

So a 13/48 and 14/52 and a 12/44 are all the same ratio.

The Geico Honda team is using 13/50 in SX.