Sign in to follow this  

Which is a good 2 stroke 250? Kx, cr, or yz?

Im looking into a 250 2 stroke and im looking into these 3 brands, and i like the cr250r, and the yz250 a lot! But which one in motor works, chassis, suspension is better?

My buddy said i should get a yz250f, but i like how the yz250 2 stroke has like 12 mor hp. And he said he will be able to keep up with me. But im not sure.

But im only 14, and i have ridden 250 2 strokes, but not to fast, but i opened them up. But will these bike stand straight up in 4th and 5th gear? Because my buddy said they cant even if you leaned back.

But anyway thanks for the comments! I really appreciate you guys helping me out! thanks again!!!

If you are really interested in a 250 2T then you are most likely going to be buying a used bike.

1) an bike in good condition is worth more than the brand you are buying. If you are stuck on a brand and take it over a clean bike of a brand you are not as happy with you will regret it. Save yourself some headaches and look for a low use bike (will have to be patient) or expect repair bills and down time if it is beat.

2) I find it off that you left the RM out of the big for options. :bonk: Everything being equal I would rank the YZ and the RM as tied for the more refined bikes. Both have good and bad points. Yz are still sold new, but I have always enjoyed riding my RM more than my buddies YZs. :excuseme:

3) Frankly I don't see many KX 2 strokes around. Can't comment on them that much, and Honda is a mystery to me as their traits changed drastically between the model years.

wow ur bud fed u a line of bullshit, i was riding my bros 250t today and i was 4th gear tapped and i had no problem riding straight up i wasnt leanin back or anything it rode fine, and i also got a 250f and damn, well i think the 250f will work the 250t, if i was you id get the 250f cuz there just better bikes, yes u have to maintain them but treat them right and they'll treat u right. hope i helped

Your buddy just sounds like he doesn't want to get roosted. You really cant go wrong with any of the bikes but I would suggest getting a YZ just because they are the only ones that still make them. But whatever you can get in the best shape would be a good buy.:excuseme:

Same answer as always--the color really does not matter (I have had red, yellow, orange, and green bikes). I think that most of the people who make a case for vast superiority of one brand have not owned examples of the other brands, and magazine tests make tiny differences sound huge (e.g., YZs don't turn, CRs have no low-end). They are all great, and can be easily adapted to your style. Buy the lowest hour/best condition example of any of the brands, and you will be happy.

If you are buying new, your only choices are YZ or KTM SX.

Same answer as always--the color really does not matter (I have had red, yellow, orange, and green bikes). I think that most of the people who make a case for vast superiority of one brand have not owned examples of the other brands, and magazine tests make tiny differences sound huge (e.g., YZs don't turn, CRs have no low-end). They are all great, and can be easily adapted to your style. Buy the lowest hour/best condition example of any of the brands, and you will be happy.

Couldnt have said it better! They are all good! I usually try to stick with Honda or Yamaha because thats the best local dealer around when it comes to getting parts. In fact i buy Suzuki parts from them as well when i need them. Get the bike in best shape and have fun with it.

pretty much hit the nail on the head. You can't really find a bad 250 anymore.

The yzf is a good bike. Nothing wrong with them. They are probably a little easier to learn on and ride. For the record I could pull the front end up in any gear on my ktm 250sx. Get what you want, not what your buddy wants. Sounds like he's influencing your riding too much IMO.

I had a YZ and loved it!!! Great bike, very reliable and fun to ride. Any 250 smoker will be plenty, I say get the bike of your choice because the color is pretty much a wash. I also say when you get your new bike go out wax your buddy with the mouth of bs:) If I was buying new I would probably go for the KTM, but I like my KTM over my old steed, that is just my 2 cents! Good luck!!!

i dont want to sound harsh, but you are 14 years old, you dont need a 250 two stroke if you are just getting into riding, there alot of 14 year olds still on 85's. i would find a good 250f or maybe even a 125 to hone your skills, and not worry about standing a bike up in 4th or 5th gear. if you do decide to go with the 250 two stroke i would not rule out the rm, they have a great chassis and turn very well, and have a strong motor, but as everyone else said you really cant go wrong with any of them