Easy jetting ?

Ok just trying to get the new 300 setup and I was going through the carb. Right now I've got:

165 main

35 Pilot

I don't know what the needle is due to the fact that the prior owner tightend the retainer cap/nut so tight that I can't get it off. I'm guessing it's the stock needle it looks to be in position 1. Right now I'm thinking it's running really rich. I'm at 4800' and it's in the upper 30's, so I'd guess this is rich?

Now I've got a few jets laying around and I'm guessing a jet is a jet, just different bores? So I've got a 160 as well as a 162S, that S thing has me puzzled and I'm wondering which one I should run?

I wouldn't change anything till you figure out which needle is in there and clip position.

Clip 1, that's a very lean setting.

I wouldn't change anything till you figure out which needle is in there and clip position.

Clip 1, that's a very lean setting.

Ya that's also what I'm thinking, but I can't get to the dang needle. I think once I get it out I will go to pos 2 and a 162 main.

Does anyone know what that "S" in my jet that says 162S means?

Ok just trying to get the new 300 setup and I was going through the carb. Right now I've got:

165 main

35 Pilot

I don't know what the needle is due to the fact that the prior owner tightend the retainer cap/nut so tight that I can't get it off. I'm guessing it's the stock needle it looks to be in position 1. Right now I'm thinking it's running really rich. I'm at 4800' and it's in the upper 30's, so I'd guess this is rich?

Now I've got a few jets laying around and I'm guessing a jet is a jet, just different bores? So I've got a 160 as well as a 162S, that S thing has me puzzled and I'm wondering which one I should run?

Be careful trying to remove the needle, that cap is made from monkey shit!

I made the mistake of over-tightening the 6mm needle cap and rounded it off when trying to remove it. I had to drill the damn thing out and damaged the slide in the process.

Sounds like someone used locktight...Very Very bad