Sign in to follow this  

black box

I just picked up an "E" model and it had the vent box removed ( black box). it has a block off kit on it. should I put the box back on or should I leave the block off kit on it?

kenny

the kit has a cap that goes over the vent on the bottom, and a hose that fits on the valve cover and goes up the neck by the tank.

the kit has a cap that goes over the vent on the bottom, and a hose that fits on the valve cover and goes up the neck by the tank.

yep and you still need to reinstalle the box.

it has a jet kit in it but I dont know what kind. the needle has OBDVR on it. any clue?

kenny

not a jet kit.common needle.not the correct needle.

I also have another needle with OBDXP on it? what needle should I have? I ride at sea level here in florida

full yosh rs3 pipe, snorkle out, main jet is a 172, pilot is a 50, air jet is a 38, 5th clip on needle

wow,someone has that bike really set up bad.

jetting needs to be-

160 main jet

200 main air jet

EMN needle

clip 3

45 pilot jet

2 turns fuel screw

Not a kit. It is a needle you can order for the FCR.

I don't care how well you think the bike is running. Use Eddies specs and it will be better.

you don't have to put the same black box back in, it's an oil accumulator so any accumulator will work. the bigger the better. the stock one is hard to get in or out. you will end up coughing oil into your airbox then out through the drain in the bottom. you will lose oil.

I dont think its that hard but how often do you need to take it out?!

Dan

you don't have to put the same black box back in, it's an oil accumulator so any accumulator will work. the bigger the better. the stock one is hard to get in or out. you will end up coughing oil into your airbox then out through the drain in the bottom. you will lose oil.

Please describe the successful use of a non OEM “Oil Accumulator” you have installed that has worked on a DRZ? Bonus points if you have pictures. Anything you can add to the discussion about replacement of the part in question that is missing from the OP’s bike is welcome.. I have no doubt several on this DRZ forum could build a working replacement, having the understanding of what the part does, why, and how it accomplishes the task…

Thanks in advance for your time. :excuseme: