Marines Release New Alternative 6 for Twentynine Palms Proposed Base Expansion

For Press Release and Map go to:

The Partnership For Johnson Valley will issue a statement on the latest revision "6" after it's review of the new map.

In a brief statement, Chairman Harry Baker said that he is disappointed to see that none of the area to the east of the base was included, and again, it is the recreation lands and those lands that border the communities that are targeted.

[brief Description of new proposed Alternative 6]

Proposed 29Palms Training Land/Airspace Acquisition Project

Project Description Paper Number 5 – November 2009

Alternative 6 (West/South)

About 140,000 acres west/19,000 acres south

Maneuver would start from the east on the

current MCAGCC base and the south

study area, and the MEB battalions would

converge on an objective in the west study

No dud-producing ordnance use in 40,000

acres in the south of the west

study area; this 40,000 acres would be open

for public use when MEB training not

About The Partnership for Johnson Valley: The leadership of the Partnership For Johnson Valley has been cooperatively working with the military and the affected Stakeholders in an effort to explore alternatives to the proposed land expansion. The PFJV is a division of the 501©3 California Trail Users Coalition. The Mission of the Partnership is to unite the many people who enjoy the diverse activities available in the multiple-use open access area of Johnson Valley. The Partnership’s charter is to promote responsible recreation and the use of desert resources through conservation and education. The goal of the Partnership is to ensure public open-access to the area in the present, and for future generations who Live, Work, and Recreate in Johnson Valley. For more information and updates, please visit

If you would like to donate to the Partnership, please send a check or money order in care of:

Partnership For Johnson Valley

3550 Foothill Blvd.

Glendale CA 91214

Paypal link

I think we need to redefine what "wilderness" means. Maybe I'm just stoopid.