Sign in to follow this  

Motocross JLaw and No Fear

With him getting sentenced for a year, I imagine that he could be out with only a few months served. That said, it seems like he would miss a lot of the Supercross season. Someone doing PR for him needs to chime in.

In any case I personally avoided ONE Industries products because they choosed to sign him last year, looks like I'll have to avoid No Fear products this year.

Maybe I will have to order some No Fear gear now...

JLaw is ONE OF the most talented, naturally gifted riders on the planet; it's just a shame he chooses to squander that ability.

yea but what better way to get your name out there than one of the most talked about riders good or bad

yea but what better way to get your name out there(?)....

Beating Stewart, Reed, and all the others straight up for a championship would do it....

Beating Stewart, Reed, and all the others straight up for a championship would do it....

Haha, yea i would have to agree with you on this one.

Yea but the riders beating Stewart, Reed, and the others straight up probably already have an amazing deal with other gear sponsors.

yea but what better way to get your name out there(?)....
Yea but the riders beating Stewart, Reed, and the others straight up probably already have an amazing deal with other gear sponsors.

That wasn't the question I was answering.....

:excuseme:

It would also help if he showed up a the gate more often. Things like qualifying and earning a DNS like he did a lot of last summer are getting old.

Once he's released he'll probably end up giving ex-cons a bad name. :bonk:

Society sure has fallen a long way. From "everybody loves a winner" to "that insufferable douchebag is the coolest" is a big drop.

I don't necessarily think JLaw is 'cool', but I DO think he is a gifted rider. I actually think him to be quite the knucklehead.

I'm willing to give him another chance. Maybe he learned a lesson finally. Doesn't seem like a bad kid, just can't stay away from temptations. He needs guidance. If he blows it again, I say, "buh-bye".

As for the post above saying something like, "But all the riders beating Reed and Stewart probably already have gear contracts...". What riders would that be? Especially SX, especially Stewart?

I don't like "No Fear" anyway. The concept is silly and immature to me (to literally have no fear, that is). I guess it's marketed to younger folks with more active hormones or something. I'm sure they don't care if I buy their stuff.

I laughed at Dungey when he threw his gear out of his trailer when the manufacturer (One Industries, was it?) signed Lawrence. Come on. Then, to make it better, his mother came out and said, "Oh, he didn't do it because of that...they were the wrong size!"

Oh, that's better.

Gear, schmear. I buy left over gear on sale and try to find stuff I like. Give JLaw one more chance. Guess that's what I'm thinkin'.

Give JLaw one more chance. Guess that's what I'm thinkin'.

Been hearing that for quite a while now. How many "just one more" chances does a guy get - especially when he doesn't show up when given these opportunities for redemption.

Since he's "unavailable" for the 2010 SX season, I'd guess this is No Fear's attempt to cash in on his street cred, not his blend of million dollar talent and a ten cent brain.

its pretty ridiculous that someone that has his past track record of dns's and dnf's (punc?) and is sitting in jail, has a contract. give him a chance again but make him earn it. give the contract to somebody that deserves it. i never did like no fear anyway

He has a West Coast Lites Championship and has been on the podium a couple times on the 450 so he probably deserves it as much as anyone else.

I didn't see any mention of what his contract is, probably not a prime deal and only paid when he shows up. So it's not like it's out of the ordinary.

All this whining about him taking a spot from someone more deserving is BS. If someone deserves his gate more they would be qualifying for it.

He is paying his time, hopefully he has learned what he's got and he quits being a f***-up.

Eh, give him a chance. He was fast when he actually started a race. What did he officially get convicted of to get a year in jail? I never actually kept up with the JLaw saga last year. When he stopped making it to the gate every race I gave up on him.

Him and RD in the west coast lights was some good racing though. He definitely got into RD's head that year.