Sign in to follow this  

what to expect

im getting a 2009 ktm 125 sx soon and w wondering what to expect ? what are the good and bad things about these bikes? is the suspension really that bad that it will need work like everyone is telling me? how different will it be to my old 05 yz125

susp is different than a jap bike, no linkage, so you need the right spring for your weight or it wont work right.

Found mine worked good right out of the box - suppose I'm average weight though at about 80 kilos (averagish for Europe anyway). I don't ever read much about European riders having suspension troubles with the KTM. Mainly seems to be them US lot....maybe their average weight is significantly higher :banghead:

Wicklowmxr, just wondering....why are you buying a bike yet you don't know what to expect from it? Honestly, there is nothing bad about KTM bikes. They come with high quality components as standards, they work really really well, they're very popular in UK and Europe and there's massive parts availability (highly recommend Redline Motorcycles http://www.ktmspares.co.uk/ who hold virtually everything and do next day delivery). How about going for a test ride?

Pete

I don't ever read much about European riders having suspension troubles with the KTM. Mainly seems to be them US lot....maybe their average weight is significantly higher :cheers:

It wouldn't be so funny if it wasn't true.

:banghead:

wicklowmxr,

"known issues"

weak first gear

front fork failure

Now, that being stated... a known issue just means that several bikes for that year have had the exact same problem. That doesn't mean if you buy one you will encounter the problem.

thats from carrying the world on our shoulders. makes you strong and tougher

Damn, I thought it was richer and greedier....leading to higher consumption of Big Macs and McFlurries :banghead:

Americans perfected the weekend warrior.

Which even after serving this country and fighting in Iraq several times, I am now a proud member of this fine establishment!

:banghead:

Damn, I thought it was richer and greedier....leading to higher consumption of Big Macs and McFlurries :banghead:

No knocking the Big Mac's and McFlurries - btw, the M&M ones rock.

Use to be favorite place to eat, somewhat changed my diet as I have gotten a tad older and have a job that forces me to sit on my arse all day.