Sign in to follow this  

Quick jetting Q?

E model, so FCR carb. Home elevation is 7900 feet, ride mostly between 4500 and 7000 feet. Occasional runs from 8000 to 11000 + feet.

Current jetting which has been really quite good..... 140 Main, stock odbx needle on 5th clip position, fuel screw at 2.5 to 3 turns out.

I have an emn needle that I'd like to use, so, what clip position should it be, and will any other jetting need to change.

The current set up has been very vercitile, and I only have slight complaints.

Point me in the right direction, thanks all!

Doh, :bonk: perhaps I should add that I'm now at 434cc's and running a stock E exhaust and the snorkle is out.

I'll probably go to a regular (non SSW) MRD exhaust after Christmas (:excuseme:), so will that change anything.

Eddie set me up with the original/current specs many moons ago and it has been wonderfully bulletproof. I just think that there may be room for improvement.........

Mind if I ask why you are going with the non-ssw pipe? I am basically running the same bike with the added plus that my end cap is lying somewhere on I-70. The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on the mrd/ssw right now is the noise level.

emn is to rich up here.

you need emp 3rd clip.leave the rest the same.

Thanks, I'll put it back together with the original "burned" jetting for now and get the emp!

Anyone need and emn needle? I have two!! :excuseme:

Mind if I ask why you are going with the non-ssw pipe? I am basically running the same bike with the added plus that my end cap is lying somewhere on I-70. The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on the mrd/ssw right now is the noise level.

Noise. And simply that.......I like the quiet of the stock exhaust, but I'd like to shed a little weight, and gain a little performance. I admire all that Dave has done, and in my conversations with him, even his base system will out flow most other pipes. I know that it will be louder, but I think it will be livable.

Hix, I have a spare end cap or two if you need one. :excuseme:

Noise. And simply that.......I like the quiet of the stock exhaust, but I'd like to shed a little weight, and gain a little performance. I admire all that Dave has done, and in my conversations with him, even his base system will out flow most other pipes. I know that it will be louder, but I think it will be livable.

Hix, I have a spare end cap or two if you need one. :excuseme:

Heh, I might just take you up on that if eddie doesn't have one I can pick up. It will give me an excuse to hit the mountain roads. I don't mind the sand too much.