Sign in to follow this  

can you remove Stock air filter screen

i read that this screen or backfire screen is not needed and if it is removed will improve flow. can i just cut it out? and will it change the jetting? 150 bucks for the twin air power flow seems excessive.

It is the mod that made the least difference of any I have tried. Not worth the hassle or potential for problems IMO. I honestly could not notice a bit of difference after removing mine.

I removed mine when I did all of the CCC mods, so I wouldn't know if it made a difference. But you must replace your airfilter with the twin air flameretardent one.

I removed mine when I did all of the CCC mods, so I wouldn't know if it made a difference. But you must replace your airfilter with the twin air flameretardent one.

I always thought it was the oil that was the biggest potential factor in things catching fire under your seat, but don't really know. I mean, if use Bel Ray oil and clean with solvent, all that stuff has gotta be highly flammable. It might help if the filter itself doesn't burn, but will that make a difference?

Backfire screen has more to do with the pressure of backfire dislodging or tearing the filter than the actual flame. Ron Hamp really knows how to make crf's run, advised no real gain on the 250's and only minimal on 450's.

• Like 1