Sign in to follow this  

What size pilot are you running?

I have a 02 450r that won't start unless the fuel screw 3.5 turns out and won't idle unless it's at 2900, it will want to stall at 2500. ONce it runs it runs fine. Guys have told me to try a bigger pilot jet. I'm already running a 48 and was wondering if anything over that would be too big? I've only have a FMH exhaust system and R&D accelerator pump. Just wondering what some of you are running out there with a similar set up.

Thanks

I just got done checking the plate it was ok. I thought if I turn my fuel screw out more then 2.5 times then I need a bigger pilot? Willl a too big pilot cause the stalling isuue?

My 04 just started acting up after 20 hours on complete engine rebuild. Ran perfect till 20 hour mark. All of a sudden she wouldn't idle below 2000 rpm.

Found what might be the issue today. The crappy head gasket that came in the engine rebuild Gasket and Seal kit had blown and was allowing the cylinder to leak into the coolant ports in two areas.

She ran great everywhere but idling.

I just got done checking the plate it was ok. I thought if I turn my fuel screw out more then 2.5 times then I need a bigger pilot? Willl a too big pilot cause the stalling isuue?

it may be too big....u are in pa which is about same elevation as me

I was going to say....the plate being upside down would cause backfiring. I run a 45 up in MN on my 06, so probably a 42 or MAYBE a 45.