twin air missing rubber!

I just bought two new twin air filters for my 450 and they do not have the rubber grommett that goes around the mount bolt? All of my other filters that are twin air have a rubber grommet there. Do any of you had this problem... i want that grommet, it will protect the foam from streaching and deteriorating. Did they stop doing this or whats the deal. Anybody else have this problem?

I wouldn't use them. I just bought a couple not long ago and they have them.

I have some with and some without and they all work fine.

My YZ125's dont have the central rubber piece, however my brother's CRF did have them.

Send them a Email/call to find out.

You didnt mention for what bike BTW, were all the other twin-airs you bought previously for the same bike? The Yamaha's in general dont have the plastic piece in the middle.

Mine does not have the grommet, but the stock mold that the filter wraps onto seals the hole with the wing nut. It pinches the foam between the wing nut and the mold, there's really no issue here.

I just bought two for my 450 and they both had the rubber piece.

Probably has something to do with your bike.... my buddy got one for his yz250f and it didn't have the grommet either.

My Ready Filter has the rubber, while the stock and other aftermarket filter do not.

The Twin Air Filter OEM filter replacement for my bike, 2009 YZF250, didn't come with a rubber grommet nor does the OEM filter.

I bought the Twin Air Power Flow kit and it uses a filter without the backfire screen as well as a rubber grommet.

The Yamaha OEM air filters do not have a rubber grommet in the center; nor do the TwinAir aftermarket air filters for Yamaha's offroad motorcycles. However, if you do not feel comfortable running the TwinAir filter without a rubber grommet, the company will actually ship an air filter to you with a rubber grommet upon request. I e-mailed TwinAir last year about this same issue and they said that they do offer them if the customer orders directly from TwinAir themselves.

The Yamaha OEM air filters do not have a rubber grommet in the center; nor do the TwinAir aftermarket air filters for Yamaha's offroad motorcycles. However, if you do not feel comfortable running the TwinAir filter without a rubber grommet, the company will actually ship an air filter to you with a rubber grommet upon request. I e-mailed TwinAir last year about this same issue and they said that they do offer them if the customer orders directly from TwinAir themselves.

The Power Flow kit for my bike has a rubber grommet regardless who I buy the filters from.. I've bought the filters from three different places including Twin Air themselves and they all came with the rubber grommet.

The OEM replacements do not have them like you said.

Ok well it sounds like they come with the rubber if you buy the powerflow ones. I have two for the yz450 that have rubber grommets and these two new ones do not. However in the rocky mountain catolog they are the same part number. So... I think I will contact them and ask then for some. thanks guys