Tired a leatt, some concerns with fit

I borrowed a leatt, it was the non adjustable model. When standing the brace hindered my line of sight, my helmet would bottom out on the brace, not allowing me to look out as far as I wanted. It also bothered me that I could not look down well either.

Do the adjustable models have enough adjustment that this will not be a problem?

Would you say the same for the Astars brace? I like the looks of the Astar brace better.

I had the same problem the first time I tried a friend's brace. When I got mine I adjusted it and it doesn't bother me at all. I got the Club model.

dude wearing it is no big deal. i dont see why people make such a big deal out of it. the only time i actually notice mine is off the track when i try to look behiend me or something.

Even the non adjustable one (adventure brace) is somewhat adjustable. So he probably had different sized pins then what you need on it.

dude wearing it is no big deal. i dont see why people make such a big deal out of it. the only time i actually notice mine is off the track when i try to look behiend me or something.

Don't act like everyone can just throw a neck brace on or any piece of protective gear and it fit perfectly.

I had the same problem the first time I tried a friend's brace. When I got mine I adjusted it and it doesn't bother me at all. I got the Club model.

I'd say I could only see 80%, Do you think that I will be able to get it adjusted enough?

The way they work is by not letting your neck extend fully in any direction. Kind of a thing you just have to get used of, i cant even tell mine is there now

Well I had no problem when I got my leatt adventure, started riding with it and I was instantly comfortable, I just put the small pins in. Part of what helps the fit for me is having the straps I dont know how people ride without them. So I would say being properly adjusted you should not be uncomfortable at all.

maybe you have a short neck :excuseme::bonk:

Short neck syndrome! Our family all rides with neck braces, either the leatt or the evs. We've all tried both, and as far as I can tell you is that the long necks (myself) prefer the leatt whereas the short necks prefer the evs brace. Mabey try one of those on before breaking the bank on the A-star.

Well Alpinestar has the new Bionic SB out which is only $280 so compared to a Leatt it's not bad..

The way they work is by not letting your neck extend fully in any direction. Kind of a thing you just have to get used of, i cant even tell mine is there now

Yeah, its kind of like people that ride their bikes with their Adidas on, then get real boots and are like "these things suck! I can't feel the shifter". I'd feel very unsafe without mine I bet.

I'd say I could only see 80%, Do you think that I will be able to get it adjusted enough?

Yes. Take your time to make it fit perfectly and you won't even feel it. It took me about 1 hour to set it up properly the first time out, then just put it on and ride.:excuseme:

Yes. Take your time to make it fit perfectly and you won't even feel it. It took me about 1 hour to set it up properly the first time out, then just put it on and ride.:moon:

Thank you for a honest non-biased answer, that was actually repling to the concerns of the thread starter.

Is there a significant advantage between the Leatt Club and the Adventure? I borrowed an EVS and rode with it and it was a little different trying to stand up and look ahead (I ride woods, not MX). I tried a Leatt Aventure and it felt better than the EVS, but I didnt ride with it.

I wore the leatt for 2+ years. It was a good brace, but I eventually learned to deal with not being able to turn my head around. It was more annoying than anything. Not that big of a deal, but I like the new Astars brace much better. It's a lot lower profile design and doesn't interfer nearly as much with your helmet as the leatt did. I'm much happier with the Astars brace than the leatt even though I haven't found a CP compatable with it yet.