Sign in to follow this  

Trading 05 yz250f for a 05 yz125

liek the title says im trading even.I rode my buddys 125 the other day and forgot how much i love them i race lites A an hopefully i still keep doin good on them. You guys think i did a good trade ? this bike has everything aftermarket it could have on it. Im gonna slap a 144 on it as well. But i moving over to woods racing an slowing down on mx.

If it's in good mechanical condition, no major dents and yours is the same, I'd say that's an alright trade. Your getting about the same power, pretty much the same bike.

....Im gonna slap a 144 on it as well....

You should consider installing it carefully, rather than 'slapping' it on. 'Slapping' often leads to epic failure.

Good luck with your 'new' ride!:excuseme:

i say its a good trade if they are both in good condition! less maintenance and a lot less money if something were to go wrong! get it and ring its neck!:excuseme:

I think it sounds like a great move, but I would stay away form the 144 kit. DR did various tests, and they found it was a pretty tricky install (done correctly). I've seen a lot of posts about reduced reliability as well. 125s are great for HSs. You loose a little out in the open, but you can make it up whipping through the woods! Nothing sounds better than a good rider wringing a little 125's neck through the woods! And since it's a 2 stroke, the sound does not carry far enough to alert the greenies...

I'd say it's a decent deal. I would do the same with my 05 YZ250F if the opportunity presented itself.

And on any other 250F of that year you might have to worry about catastrophic failure. However the blue ones are not subject to the usual failures. They take a beating and keep going.

I'd say it's a decent deal. I would do the same with my 05 YZ250F if the opportunity presented itself.

And on any other 250F of that year you might have to worry about catastrophic failure. However the blue ones are not subject to the usual failures. They take a beating and keep going.

i have two 08's and a 00' 125 sitting in my garage if youd like to trade for one of them... lol :excuseme: