Sign in to follow this  

1995 wxe 350 1996 wxc 610

can anyone tell me a little about these bikes? i am looking to check them out and want to know what people have to say. how does the 610 do offroad? i plan on using these mainly offroad with a little highway use. not sure i need the 610. i really want a street legal dirt bike. is there any problems to look for?

here is a link to the bikes,http://wichita.craigslist.org/mcy/1482760297.html

thanks for your help

both good bikes, if maintained, id bet both need cam chains, and kick start shaft repairs.

prices are fair..

350 is a bit slow, easy to start, easy to ride, parts can be tough sometimes.

hook up with Halls Husky if you get one.

For the money you will have 2 good project bikes. Ride the best one initially and do a working resto on the other and then revers the process. The price is right.

I have a 95 wxe 350 and dig it fully! It's perfect for me so far. Easy starting and I got mine for $950. I thought it was a great price for it. No real scratches. Even the frame was clean. Have fun and good luck.

What Huskychuck said +1

I had a '93 350. Good bike but not fast and sometimes finicky to start hot. Still have my street legal '95 610. Best bike I've ever had. Very good off road once I got the suspension set up, and okay on the street. It vibrates a little but the wide ratio 6 speed makes up for it. I'd definitely recommend the 610!:banghead:

Had a 95 610, very soft front fork, great stability a little slow turning but sticks pretty good, left kick starter takes getting used to. would always start after about TEN kicks. Still a darn good looking bike.

Had a 95 610, very soft front fork, great stability a little slow turning but sticks pretty good, left kick starter takes getting used to. would always start after about TEN kicks. Still a darn good looking bike.

I had Racetech put stage 2 gold valves in my '95, I like them better than the newer stuff in my 2000 or just about any other bike I've had. It's always started in three to six kicks cold, and one or two hot. My 2000 takes a few more and my old 350 tended cough and stall and could take like tweny plus kicks to start.:banghead:

My 92 350 is actually a 420 with larger valves, 40mm Dell carb, Uptite exhaust and misc. Starting hot is usually 1 to 3 kicks. Started 2nd kick this morning @ 16F. Never had a problem starting it and it pulls clean with no stalling or coughing. Never worked on the kickstarter but have replace cam chain twice, con-rod & misc. Had some problem with the rear hub/bearings. At high elevation in stock form the 350 is pretty anemic. Change the oil often. Suspension transformed from worthless to very good with a tune. Slow steering in the tight stuff but extremely stable and great fun in the fast stuff. It won't replace my TE450 but my 350/420 is a keeper. 2nd the info about Hall's - they are great.