Where is everyone riding thanksgiving weekend?

I think I am headed to doublin sunday if they are open. Track was prime last sunday.

How do the do practice there?? Open all day... Or a-b-c-minis?..quads aren't allowed there are they?

I'm trying to decide also...what tracks are known for taking rain well? lol. My buddy wanted to go to doublin so i might end up there also.

They split up big bikes little bikes 20 minute sessions. If it gets really really full they will do A/B then C then mini for 15 minute sessions. I think i get around 6 or 7 sessions in. I usually skip out on one or two. Doublin also takes rain very well but they wont open if it is to sloppy.

I might check it out this weekend depending on the weather...haven't ridden in 6 months..but got the itch to get a day in before it's too cold for my old fair weather ass... Haha

We're hoping to head up to Doublin on Sunday as well. Forecast for Sunday is 53 degrees now and some sun. I'm thinking the track might be prime by then.

Just an fyi doublin will be open both saturday and sunday and the track is in good shape for the weekend and zao is correct we do not have quads and we do not open if it is muddy!! Hope to see you this weekend!

well sounds like doublin is the place to be! me and my buddy are headin up tomorrow!

Anyone going to doublin 2maro? Weather looks alright 50 and sunny just with winds. Anyone have an idea on how the track held up with all the rain?

its windy as hell out right now...think i'll wait till sunday to decide where ima ride.

The wind will also help dry things out.

Rocket's drying out great, track will be good this afternoon but will be prime on Sunday. We'll be open from 10 till 6(Sunday's BIKES ONLY) You can call us for more info at 814 448 2701 or hit the web www.rocketraceway.com.

Edited by rocketman
We're hoping to head up to Doublin on Sunday as well. Forecast for Sunday is 53 degrees now and some sun. I'm thinking the track might be prime by then.

Confirmed, we're headed to Doublin on Sunday. :excuseme:

Just heard doublinis only open 12-4... With classes seems like more drive time than ride time.... Is this true about the hours?...

website says 11:30-4:30????

It is 1130 to 430. I will be there for sure.

i'm bringin a few also..looks like mother nature is gonna let us have one!

hmm wonder why the short hours...most others are 9-10 to dusk...

I think it has to do with the neighbors race day they don't normally run past 530. I know it sounds like short hours but you really do get a lot of riding time. If you ride the whole time your given i guarantee you will be tired by the end of the day.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steph7
      Howdy! I'm looking for early season riding within driving distance. Ontario is still 4-6 weeks from riding and I'm itching....
      Advanced single trail rider, open to medium+ difficulty 4x4 / ATV trails, doesn't have to be single trail only.
      I'm an hour from the border, Ottawa, and good to drive 7-8 hours max to get a day or 2 of riding done...as far as Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, up the coast to Maine
      I've found the following locations so far that might fit the bill:
      https://readingoutdoors.com RAC/FRO - 175$ yearly pass only - daily pass coming in May
      http://www.aoaatrails.com AOAA - similar to RAC/FRO - good option!
      Any on this list you would remove?
      Did I miss any?
      Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
    • By woodsrider4
      Has anyone around New Jersey heard of Lepis Land? I found people talking on other forums about it and how riding there is by donation only. Does anyone have anymore information about it or a phone number to contact them?
    • By Agitator
      10/17/08 UPDATE! I posted more photos on page 2. Not all pictures are on page 1. I will constantly be adding more photos as I go along.
      Many of you have heard of my starting/idle problems with the 610. Carburetion has been ruled-out time and time again. I sensed something else was going on. The engine has never wanted to idle down, sounded like there was a load on it even in neutral. Since I had metal filings in my oil when I first got it, I have now decided to overhaul it and make everything ship-shape. It turns out that I was correct- there is some valve damage that I will talk about later.
      I don't like to take apart dirty engines and get the dirt inside 'em

A little gross.

My cleaning station:

A little better now

Clutch removal:

after removing springs

bottom of pressure plate

everything looked decent as far as wear

after removing plates

basket after removing hub

Area after removing basket.

Removing the starter gear with snap ring pliers

More to come. I'm uploading pictures of the case splitting, etc...
      I'll try to ease off on the photo-over-obsession. The next batch of info/photos will be a little more interesting.
      Comments and suggestions are appreciated. I'm already ordering parts from George so before I know it, I'll be just waiting on new parts (after a little more cleaning.