Sign in to follow this  

Super ignition coil?

ran a search but couldn't find the answer. Looking at the Super ignition coils on E-bay........... Do these things work? Or just some junk like most other E-bay items? Just purchased the TB 88cc kit with race head and wondered whether this should be added on also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super-Coil-Ignition-For-HONDA-XR50-CRF50-Pit-Dirt-Bike_W0QQitemZ150391519491QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2304087903

Thanks for the info.....how about the inner rotor kit? Gimmick too?

No inner rotor kits are awesome!

I wouldn't get a IRK kit on a stock motor, but a 88 or better they are real nice!

They make a 88 rev like a 450r, real snappy, it's the ultimate in light weight flywheels. Most people shave say 20% of the weight of their flywheel off for a 'big improvement' in bigger bikes, with a IRK kit, your practically shaving like 300% of the flywheel weight off!

But some people have had their cast aluminum clutch baskets explode from them.. Personally I had no problem and have at least 50+ hours on my $36 ebay IRK kit with my stage 3 88 kit

gonna be getting a 117 stroker soon, with a billet manual clutch to run on my IRK kit :excuseme:

Thanks again. I may have to purchase this also while i'm buying other stuff. I have heard it's hard to nail the jetting after installing this mod.....Is this true?

Thanks again. I may have to purchase this also while i'm buying other stuff. I have heard it's hard to nail the jetting after installing this mod.....Is this true?

Ya it makes jetting harder to get right, since you don't have the big flywheel to keep the bike reving slower so bad jetting 'works'

When I first installed mine, it reved so much faster, my bike would cut out mid rpm for a second, then continue up the revs, and it didn't wanna idle for crap lol... But I played with the needle and air screw and got it so it runs great again :excuseme:

whats your jetting specs? In about a week i'll have the 88cc race head tb big bore kit with 2omm carb, rev box, oil pump, airfilter and jetting kit as wellas the the inner rotor kit. Modded stock exhaust will still be on there and I ride at 0-500 ft above sea level. any ideas?

hey i installed an inner rotor kit i had it sparking and i hooked it too the on off switch and now it wont work...i think it blew my coil...i have a coil from my lil 150 atv and it blew it too cuz now it wont spark on the atv...just for giggles what wires go where just so i know i got it right can someone tell me?