Sign in to follow this  

Longer Sidestand

To all those who have upgraded suspensions and now are riding higher than stock...

Has anyone tried bolting on an XR250/400 kickstand?

-Tom

though i haven't done this myself, but i am 90% sure it does. search it. i know it's been brought up before.

No luck w/ search.

My stock 230 sidestand measures 4.5" from the center of the mounting pivot to the center of the spring pin, and 13.5" from the mount to the center of the foot. I'd prefer something more like 16".

-Tom

Fwiw I've tried grinding away the weld to slide the inside tube down and make the stand longer, but after grinding every weld cannot get the inside tube to budge. It appears to be welded to the mount at the top.

-Tom

The kind folks over in the XR section have informed me that the '84-'91 Xr200R side stand bolts up and is 1" longer than the stock 230 part. That's a start!

-T

XR400 sidestand will work perfect. Be sure to use bolt and spring also.

I have a sneaking suspicion (that spelling doesn't look right) that the XR200R, XR250R, and XR400R all share the same sidestand.

That's too bad, 'cause I need more length. Off to the band saw!

-T

I have a sneaking suspicion (that spelling doesn't look right) that the XR200R, XR250R, and XR400R all share the same sidestand.

That's too bad, 'cause I need more length. Off to the band saw!

-T

No, they don't.

No, they don't.

For the sake of the general knowledgebase do you know if they are different lengths?

FWIW I cut mine apart and extended it last night... what a pain, they're really welded together well from the factory!

-Tom

The sidestands on my XR200, XR250 and CRF150 are similar but different lengths.

Took mine down to my local welding shop and had it extended 1 inch for fifteen bucks.

XR400 sidestand will work perfect. Be sure to use bolt and spring also.

Dwight

I need about 1 - 1.5 inches more since I upped my suspension on my CRF230F. How much more is the XR400?

Wow... love this subject... Just put a 150 rocker on my 230 to even out the cr125 front end ... waiting eagerly for more info on this subject...

If I can't find one that will bolt up and give me an extra inch I'll probably just cut the stock side stand and insert a male - male steel plug/spacer that will give an extra inch between the two halves. I have plenty of 4140 scrap steel lying around to make the plug/spacer on my lathe but I don't have any welding equipment. I figure an interference fit of .001 and perhaps some 290 sleeve locker loctite should keep it from coming apart. I'd much rather have a longer un-modded version from a taller bike.