Sign in to follow this  

Will i be ok to ride a 250 2 stroke. Watch video

Will i be able to ride, and handle a 250 2 stroke, im riding my buddy's husquavarna 250. But do you think im ready for it? It was my first time riding and jumping it. Also, the quality isnt that good. thanks!!!!!!

But i have to keep down shifting becuase the bike would like bog out. You will hear it after i hit the jump and go up the hill. But he had really cheap plugs in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0MX4pWRArU

But i ride it a lot now and im way better at it now

Edited by rcdude33

If this is one of the first times riding. I would suggest getting a 125 2t or 250 4t or even something smaller depending on ur size. Unless u are just uses or buying ur friend's, it will be a waste of money and extra power.

Will i be able to ride, and handle a 250 2 stroke, im riding my buddy's husquavarna 250. But do you think im ready for it? It was my first time riding and jumping it. Also, the quality isnt that good. thanks!!!!!!

But i have to keep down shifting becuase the bike would like bog out. You will hear it after i hit the jump and go up the hill. But he had really cheap plugs in it.

Plugs? How many does it run :excuseme:

I think its a judgment you have to make for yourself, I rode both a 2t and a 4t when I first started riding, for a day each. And found that because I'm a smaller guy the 250 4t was easier for me to ride, and was more predictable than the 2t.The power was delivered more linear, and was just an easy bike to ride. It was a hard decision though because that 2t was so much fun also, so now I have both :bonk:

But i think the key is to ride it for a time that you can get used to it and see if you like it.

if you haven't found a good deal on a 250, a 125 will be plenty of fun and be quick enough, till this day I can get off of my friends 450's and still find my little 125 sufficient enough for everyday riding especially when the trails get technical.

But i ride it a lot now and im way better at it now

I think you'd be fine, and with time you'll only get better

Don't worry about the bog to much lots of variables can affect that, bad jetting, worn topend, but if it runs good with your buddy on it then he has it dialed in for his style

But like others have said i would not hesitate to buy a 125, riding a 125 will teach you more (skill wise) with them being high strung plus they are so flippen light its funny

Yeah, but my buddy doensnt do anything to that bike. The fork seals are shot, sprockets,chain, wheels, etc, but it has not been taken care of. I rode a 2001 yz250, that was raced hard, and it didnt look to well either, and its a 6 speed, and it stood straight up in 5th gear, and he has a 3.5 gallon tank on it.

Yeah, but my buddy doensnt do anything to that bike. The fork seals are shot, sprockets,chain, wheels, etc, but it has not been taken care of. I rode a 2001 yz250, that was raced hard, and it didnt look to well either, and its a 6 speed, and it stood straight up in 5th gear, and he has a 3.5 gallon tank on it.

If the bike you're riding in the vid is that beat, i'd say go with a 125

Get a 125. I was in the same boat as you, I was looking into a 2T. I rode my friend's 05 yz250, which was dialed in, and it really intimidated me. So I opted for a 125, and I'll never look back. The bike makes plenty of power, but it won't kill you if you make a mistake. That is what makes a 125 so much fun to ride IMO. And the crazy light weight. And the best thing about my 125 is that it is helping me learn the correct way to ride better than a bigger bike, but I'm having so much fun doing it.

i would recomend a 125 as well. i am a new rider i have not been riding for a year yet but my 125 has more than enough power to get me around the track and over jumps. the bike is alot lighter than the 250. my buddy has a 250 and it is has insane power band and for some one that is kind of new like me i would start a a level where you are comfortable. There is no use in jumping in over your head. but do what you feel is right for you/

I would definitely go with a 125. That's how I did it. If you go to a 250 right off the bat then you will not use all the power and become a bit lazy. A 125 will teach you some very essential riding skills which you can then apply to any bike you ride. If you feel like a 125 wouldn't be fast enough for you let me tell you this. A lot of 125's actually top out faster than a 250, it just takes them a bit longer to get there.

My friend's 05 yz250 was his first big bike, and I can tell he's not comfortable when he rides. I think he would've been A LOT better off with a 125. I don't know where you're at with your riding career, but if this your first big bike, don't make the same mistake my friend made.

I'd take a long, serious look at the ones you can pick up at walmart, they are brand new, the "footpegs" are supercool and rotate, they are deadly quiet and best of all won't break the bank or your neck.

Ok,ok just get yourself something you can ride more and fix less, stop riding for the camera and just ride for fun.