Sign in to follow this  

2009 450 and hate suspension-help

I wont say which outfit did my bike but I have used them every year and been stoked......until now. I have a CRF 450 2009.

Had forks revalved, went up to .48 and softer pressure springs.

In back shortened it, revalved (stk spring) and went with link.

Problem is mostly forks. THey suck and always have. I'm 185-190 Vet Int and they are so friggin harsh it is unreal! Have ridden my buddys 09 KX450 and other buddy's 08 Zook and both are stock and kill mine. I would love to have a pair of stock KX forks!!!! Mine feels like stagecoach. What the hell??

What have you guys done and how do you feel about it now.

Dont get me wrong, power is great, bike is light but this set up is killing me!

Edited by 444

I wont say which outfit did my bike but I have used them every year and been stoked......until now. I have a CRF 450 2009.

Had forks revalved, went up to .48 and softer pressure springs.

In back shortened it, revalved (stk spring) and went with link.

Problem is mostly forks. THey suck and always have. I'm 185-190 Vet Int and they are so friggin harsh it is unreal! Have ridden my buddys 09 KX450 and other buddy's 08 Zook and both are stock and kill mine. I would love to have a pair of stock KX forks!!!! Mine feels like stagecoach. What the hell??

What have you guys done and how do you feel about it now.

Dont get me wrong, power is great, bike is light but this set up is killing me!

Sounds like your problem is in the fork valving, its not with the springs. Your going to have to get it re-done.(unless your forks are bound/misaligned on the front axle)?

The fork design between the kawi and yours is the same...

It's just the set up..and some of that could be the rear...

How fast are you? If your "fast" that bike really needs stiffer front end than usual to feel "plusher"....

If you will look at his edit time he put that in there after I asked.

If you will look at my post time you would see that I replied before he edited his post. I looked at his previous posts to find out what bike he had. I was simply trying to help.

You need to take it back to who ever you paid money too in the first place, they can look at the problems you had with the stock setup and what they did and the problems you have now and get it alot closer for you this time with you paying no extra money. Without feedback they will never get it right everytime.

If you will look at my post time you would see that I replied before he edited his post. I looked at his previous posts to find out what bike he had. I was simply trying to help.

:excuseme:

just a few things - you say they shortened the shock, AND you have the link?

what sag numbers are you running, with that setup and the stock spring apposing the .48 in the front then maybe your a little overkill, these bikes have a stinkbug issue to a certain extent, but making it into a chopper is maybe not the best way forward.

what oil volume did they run?

at your weight i would be going up on the rear spring if it was me.

mark.