D756 Replacement

Sorry about another tire thread, but after searching for weeks I need some advice. I have a 2003 KLX 400 (3X3 Mod) that I have been running the stock D756 tires on since new. I am now street legal and would like a similar DOT tire. I ride mostly off-road, the only street miles are for gas and/or food. I also mostly ride in Michigan with occasional trips to West Virginia and most recently Moab, Utah. The D756 tires have proven to be very reliable and have never let me down. I would like to find this in a DOT tire or combination of DOT tires. I appreciate any information you could give me. Road manners are of no concern . Some control in the Michigan sand and good traction in the woods is a plus. Reliability is the most important.

I just picked up a dunlop D907 for the rear of my bike it was surprising inexpensive @ $50 shipped but it is DOT legal. I have ridden about 100miles of on/offroad 50/50 and can say it hooks up well off road (I have a another bike w 756s feels similar). On the front I have a maxxis 6001 (non Dot) that tire feels better off road than the fr 756

on road I didnt push it at all because theyre new tires...they did ride like knobbies on road

I cant comment on the wear yet

I got the rear tire here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370269117621&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I ran those Dunlops on my KX250 when I first got it. I thought that Tire sucked. I've also run the Rear Kenda 760 Trackmaster on my last DRZ which is very similar in tread pattern it worked good enough in the sand and as a 60/40 Dual-SPort tire.

If you don't need DOT. Get the Dunlop MX51 GeoMax (REAR) tire I'm running that now on my KX250 and it kicks ass great hook up and pretty damn durable too. A few of other favorite rears are the MT-16 and the MT18HD. The MX51 is the best I've ever rode though.

Favorite fronts are Pirelli Scorpion pro (this is DOT!) and the Michelin M12 front.

I'm running the M12 and MX51 on the KX right now and it's GREAT. I have the Scorpion Pro on the KLX and a Michelin T63 rear but I don't have enough time on the T63 to comment about how good it is (I would NEVER run that tire on a pure dirtbike though).

Sorry about another tire thread, but after searching for weeks I need some advice. I have a 2003 KLX 400 (3X3 Mod) that I have been running the stock D756 tires on since new. I am now street legal and would like a similar DOT tire. I ride mostly off-road, the only street miles are for gas and/or food. I also mostly ride in Michigan with occasional trips to West Virginia and most recently Moab, Utah. The D756 tires have proven to be very reliable and have never let me down. I would like to find this in a DOT tire or combination of DOT tires. I appreciate any information you could give me. Road manners are of no concern . Some control in the Michigan sand and good traction in the woods is a plus. Reliability is the most important.

I ran D756s for a few years. I loved them when they were new, but the 62 mile loop I ride has about 10 miles of street riding, and the road riding absolutely destroys the D756s.

A buddy of mine recommended these

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/29/393/5388/ITEM/Michelin-AC-10-Enduro-MX-Rear-Tire.aspx .

I put one on the back of my DRZ and have it out a few times in mud/ water /rocks and lots of wet leaves. Hooks up almost as well as a FRESH D756, and with 200+ miles on it the Michelin appears to be holding up a LOT better then the D756. The Michelin tire is also DOT Approved for the street.

Still not enough time on it to give a complete review but so far I like the Michelin on the rear enough to have ordered one for the front wheel....

Thank you for the replies. Does anyone know what happens when a Michelin AC10 or Pirelli XCMH front hits the sand? I've read pluses and negatives for each. Where I ride in Michigan there is a good deal of sand in open areas. Thank you again.