Safe to ride in MN yet?

Minnesota

For the life of me, I can't figure out all the MN hunting seasons. They don't seem to say when rifle ends. I know muzzleloader and some other oddball seasons go into December, but are we good to get out in the forests yet? If so, anyone else wanna get out this weekend? 40's on Sat, 30's on Sun...or so they say.

Muzzleloader starts tomorrow and goes through Dec 13 (I think?). Bow hunting goes through Dec 31st.

I'm done with outdoor riding for the season. Still have to get my clutch installed too. :excuseme:

Same here. I have the bikes packed away and the sleds out. Just praying for snow now.

The MN firearms season is over in zone1 (Nemadji) the season was from 11-7

to 11-22-09. Muzzelloader is state wide but very few hunters.

I believe Nemadji is open, we just drove down from up north and there is no snow up there and no ice on any ponds or lakes.

The Snowcross race at Spirit Mountain was postponed till 12-11-09, too warm to make snow.

Thanks for all the info...looks like there'll be a couple of us heading for Nemadji on Sunday. My stuff is half packed away, but if winter won't come, what the heck, might as well ride! Plus, any angry muzzleloader will only get one shot at me anyway~:excuseme:

Well if you want to come and pick me up, I'm game. lol!

Well if you want to come and pick me up, I'm game. lol!

Oops, day late...man, you missed a good ride. Little chilly at first, plenty warm once we got moving in the woods. Snotty and slippery here and there, but lots of great trail. Not another soul in sight, just passed a couple hunting trucks on the way in. Couple crappy phone shots I got for some flavor...

847ff4ec349a__1259512692000.jpg

b76783411b98__1259512324000.jpg

Oops, day late...man, you missed a good ride. Little chilly at first, plenty warm once we got moving in the woods. Snotty and slippery here and there, but lots of great trail. Not another soul in sight, just passed a couple hunting trucks on the way in. Couple crappy phone shots I got for some flavor...

847ff4ec349a__1259512692000.jpg

b76783411b98__1259512324000.jpg

Man, I wish I could have gone with you guys but I was headed back towards the cities and didn't have my XR with. Do you think it will be too icy to ride anymore this year? I have some cold weather gear but I don't want to be hitting the ground every 5 minutes!

Looks like everything is going to stay frozen after today.

Yeah, looks like we're going to be dropping into normal winter temps...I'm probably done for the year, but who knows - if we see a sudden thaw and I got my bike in one piece, you never know. Winter's too long as it is!

After this past saturday I think I'm done for the year too. I got the yz to get set for supermoto and my roadrace bike to start being riped into. luckly I got permission to do this in our spare bedroom this winter after much complaining last year. I hate the feeling of driving home thinking well that was it; the last ride.

You sissies! I just put 2 hours on today on our new supercross track and plan on riding dirt till there is enough ice on the lake for the studded tires. :banghead:

You sissies! I just put 2 hours on today on our new supercross track and plan on riding dirt till there is enough ice on the lake for the studded tires. :cheers:

:banghead:

Got any pictures of the new supercross track?

Got any pictures of the new supercross track?

Unfortunately no real pics, the lens broke in my friends good digital camera and mine sucks.

Here is the layout I drew up though, prior to making it. It is the most intensely sweet figure 8 track known to man. Probably about 1/3 mile long and surprisingly fun with a couple good 75'+ jumps.

Drierstrack.jpg

You sissies! I just put 2 hours on today on our new supercross track and plan on riding dirt till there is enough ice on the lake for the studded tires. :banghead:

Ok, ok - when should we come over and ride???

Ok, ok - when should we come over and ride???

I'm ready to ride still!

Well come on down then! The ground will be froze, but I'll be hitting the track this weekend none the less. (Probably Sunday)

And Matt, bring the tires!! I've got cash moneys for ya.

Edited by The J-ROD
Well come on down then! The ground will be froze, but I'll be hitting the track this weekend none the less. (Probably Sunday)

And Matt, bring the tires!! I've got cash moneys for ya.

How far is that SX track from you?

IF I can make it I will definitely bring the tires.

How far is that SX track from you?

IF I can make it I will definitely bring the tires.

4 miles