yz250 ti sub-frame

picked up titanium sub frame on ebay for my 97 yz250, it says its a GYTR. cant wait to put it on my bike! only paid 26$ for it too:banana:

id think its a pretty rare thing, iv never seen them before

also picked up a cylinder for my 250 off the bay for 150$ :excuseme:

cant wait for spring!

ti for $26??? I would think the materials alone would be more than that.

In three years of riding i've never seen a sub frame broken, let alone seen someone else trash theres. Once here I saw a guy trash his frame.

Point being this is strictly just a bling thing?

Ive bent two subframes in the past three years. Must be my bad luck. Not on a yz though.

That was a gytr accessory. Semi popular back in 96-97 and before the bike was furnished with aluminum from the factory. Probably rare now as many were probably bent.

Thats a great price. I believe list was 500.00.

Pics?

let me know how it fits....and +1 on pics. And as far as subframes I hit a culvert pinned the throttle, wheelied, flew off, bike flipped in the air, I hit a tree and silencer side landed on my back and bent subframe via my back.....ouch.....nothing a torch and hammer couldn't fix

Yep, he got a great deal on the Ti subframe. I glad it went to someone on here, all cool guys in this forum.

I'm parting out my 98 YZ250 and that was one of my spares.

Have a "long rod" 94 cyclinder engine I will be putting up soon.

haha thats pretty crazy that i bought it off someone on here, small world huh. you have any other parts for a 97-98 250 that your selling?

also you got any pics of that subframe on your bike?

thanks

I had a Ti subframe on my 03. Ridiculously light. I actually broke it and had to have it rewelded. I sold it with my 03 instead of putting it on my 05 cause I didn't trust it to stay together after it cracked. Got mine off a guy on Ebay as well. Ended up being local. He bought the last of Yamahas stock on them and was selling them for $150.

Anyone seen those one piece airbox/subframe that's carbon fiber...

SUPER trick.

Ti is almost twice the density of aluminum while being less than twice as strong. So realistically, it's not a great alternative!

Ever picked up your stock aluminum subframe with no fender attached? It's REALLY LIGHT!!!

anyone know what the weight difference is from a steel sub frame to a ti one?

Anyone seen those one piece airbox/subframe that's carbon fiber...

SUPER trick.

Ti is almost twice the density of aluminum while being less than twice as strong. So realistically, it's not a great alternative!

Ever picked up your stock aluminum subframe with no fender attached? It's REALLY LIGHT!!!

Thought they only made the carbon one for the 4t?They are nice.About $1700.00 i think.

the stock subframe is noticeably heavier. No way to mistake the 2.

In three years of riding i've never seen a sub frame broken, let alone seen someone else trash theres. Once here I saw a guy trash his frame.

Point being this is strictly just a bling thing?

Haha you should ride with me. Im on my third subframe that has been bent a couple times. The first 2 I completely destroyed including a lot of other stuff. When my bike was done flipping the subframe and airbox assembly was laying about 20 feet from the bike. lol

anyone know what the weight difference is from a steel sub frame to a ti one?

Weight and strength. When these were introduced the yz came with a steel subframe. The weight of the ti part was way less than steel (2 lbs????) and close to the weight of aluminum. Then there was the way it looked. Calling it a work of art does not do it justice. The ti subframe was hand welded by a professional.

Weight and strength. When these were introduced the yz came with a steel subframe. The weight of the ti part was way less than steel (2 lbs????) and close to the weight of aluminum. Then there was the way it looked. Calling it a work of art does not do it justice. The ti subframe was hand welded by a professional.

thanks for that info, i cant wait to get it in the mail and strap it on my bike:banana:

haha thats pretty crazy that i bought it off someone on here, small world huh. you have any other parts for a 97-98 250 that your selling?

also you got any pics of that subframe on your bike?

thanks

I'll try to find a closer shot, but you can tell somewhat from this shot. This is the bike I'm parting out. Frame, long rod motor, tank, forks, swing arm, etc.

108581909-M.jpg

Is that Comp Edge?

Is that Comp Edge?

Correct your are Sir.